Price history

How do I clear a listing including the price history when the listing was active?

November 14 2013 - US

If it was only posted to Zillow perhaps.. however most Realtors input their listings into a MLS or here in the Metro Atlanta & surrounding I am at MLS and FMLS... either way... Zilllow and many other real estate listing sites populate mostly from main listing services such as MLS and FMLS.  That is why when a price change is completed in (for ex MLS/FMLS where I am located), it may not show the change for a few days to a few weeks in Zillow, Trulia... etc....
How much of a mistake was it?  If its obvious why wasn't it corrected beforehand? Did you Term the listing agreement w/ your agent?  If not, I would ask your agent if they can assist you will this.  If you had a disagreement w/ the agent and left on bad terms you can always go through their broker.
These are questions that any listing service will want to answer.  If its a obvious mistake such as leaving off a digit or adding an additional digit... I would just correct it and move on.  If anyone asks.. explain it truthfully.  If priced correctly.. it shouldn't prevent the sale happening or the amount of traffic you receive.

Thank You,
Kevin Stocks -Realtor

Thanks Kevin and Camille.

There was a price changed that was made in error before the listing was off the market. Can the original Realtor remove/correct it? Or will Zillow have to do that. What would be a process?

Best Regards,
Hailey

To my understanding a adjustment to a price in the history can only be done in rare occasions. If you are just listing your home but it was previously listed for an extended amount of time in the past for a lower or higher price they will not make any changes, as it has ran it course through the deadline allotted.. Especially if it was previously listed through a licensed real estate agent or Realtor.  Also if it was previously listed by another owner/seller before you purchased the property.
If something is discovered when its just been listed or still active such as you left off a 0 on a 500,000 home and its obvious then they might make changes.

What are you trying to accomplish exactly?  What state/area are you in as to know what MLS you are using?

Thank You,
Kevin Stocks - Realtor

If I understand your question, you are looking to remove information from a previous listing that was on the MLS.  You are limited by the fields that are available to you to make modifications. If it something that is allowable to be changed that you don't have access to, you can contact your local Association of Realtors and/or your MLS and request they make the change.