Profile picture for Berwickhomebuyer

Property in Contract???

I was told that this property is in contract and want to know why it is still listed ? There is no sign on the property that indicates that the home is no longer for sale. please explain or do I contact the Realtor Commission for a response?
  • Question refers to 1235 Haddon Rd, Columbus, OH 43209
  • 0

I researched the property on Haddon Road and it is still in contract pending home inspection and financing approval.

As for the signs being updated as to the status, I cannot speak for the agent. I have found that some agents use their signs as a way to get buyers to call so they can tell them of other properties. It is in the sellers/agents best interests to not turn away potential buyers.

I hope this helps.

Profile picture for FDC
  • FDC
In this market, sales fall through often, it is in the interest of the seller to keep the listing on the market. However, especially with foreclosures it is always recommended to follow up on the status of the home for that very reason, as it is difficult to know when the home is pending a sale.

fdc