Prudential Agents

Thought I'd start a topic for all Prudential agents/brokers who use Zillow

September 25 2008 - US

I'm Scott from Prudential Prime Properties Wolfson Cutler Real Estate in Medford Massachusetts.

Hi Scott,

I'm Debi Boucher, Prudential Professional REALTORS in Woodland Park, Colorado.

Nice to meet you!

Hallo Scott and everyone else on the board. Great idea. I am a Realtor with Prudential Florida Realty in beautiful Marco Island and Naples. Have you had the same experience? Ever since the start of the economic crisis we have seen an uptick in activity, especially from Europeans and Canadians. Just sold a property to a buyer fron New Jersey over the Internet. Not sure if this is happening because  buyers feel if the government takes over the mortgage dead alot of the short sales and bargains will disappear. Have you had the same reaction? I also think many of our buyers used to be priced out of the market and now see tremendous buying opportunity. Whatever the reason it is great to see this kind of activity. Love to get referrals, our weather is the best in all of Florida. Please check out my website  www.Helgamarcorealtor.com and see how beautiful life in Paradise can be.

Thanks Scott for this forum, great idea. Helga Wetzold

Hey everyone, I'm John Stimson with Prudential Alliance Realy in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.  Great idea,  I'd love for this to get big so I can keep referrals in the family and maybe get a couple along the way too.

Garth Jones with Prudential Tropical Realty in Tampa, FL.  Tampa is primed for growth through the next decade with increased capacity in our port, incredible West FL weather, a Super Bowl in January to remind the nation of how warm FL is when the nation is frozen, a hip downtown area that is affordable, and a World Series bound MLB team!  We are definately seeing a movement over the last few months, with properties getting multiple offers, and REO's being snapped up quickly.  I would be happy to take a referal, and would treat them as family.  Look for me at the NFL Experience in January!

Do any of you use social networking like Linkedin, Facebook, Plaxo etc.? Also are any of you using Prudential Value Range Marketing where you are?

Travis Close with Prudential RealtyCenter.com in Chattanooga, Tn

This is a great idea. I do use Linkedin, Plaxo and Facebook, with mixed results. we do not use Value Range.

Hi there! Im with Prudential California Realty-LAX..great company!

I use Linkedin, Plaxo & Facebook, as well as YouTube for video tours. I found TubeMogul to be a great site to mass submit my videos to multiple video sites. I also have my own blog & Digg stories that get sent to my profiles for others to view.

Hi, Nancy Shakeshaft-Slack from Prudential Professional Realtors in Colorado Springs and I do use Lindedin and Twitter (great site to put small url's to showcase properties).  Have a blog that I also Digg and Delicious.  We're still having a somewhat slow market though have seen buyers starting to make some decisions recently.  Have a big influx of new soldiers coming next year so hopefully, that'll help even more.  Still have many short-sales and REO's that appear to bog down our market.

Feel free to add me to your lists to keep in touch.

Hi all! I'm Ted Morrison with Prudential Real Estate Professionals in Salem, Or. I'm blessed to live in an area that still has a fairly active real estate market. According to Housingpredictor.com we are the #2 market in the country. Please let me know if anyone has a client that would like to move here. I'd love to help and am happy to return the favor. I've lived here most all of my life and have extensive family background in real estate.

Medfordhouse-I have used value range marketing here and have found it to be a great tool for the right listing.

I must say, these forums are TOXIC. I started posting this morning hoping to give some good advice, and there is sooooo much negativity in here towards agents that I think I'd better stick to simply listing. Feel free to contact me if you'd like.

I've found the same with the listings I've used it on. Certain properties it really clicks with. I'm used to now having to educate the other agent in how it works but I've even noticed a few non-VRM market ranges being used by other companies.

Hi all. I am Ted Clark with Prudential California Reatly in Pasadena. Hope everyone is great!

Hi Scott,

What a great thought to put up a place where Prudential Realtors can meet in the zillow space.

I am Sabrina Kelley and I work the Woodland Park Colorado area and out to the mountainous areas west of there.

But I have no aversion to going South into Colorado Springs or even more north into the pristine areas of Summit county.

How does Prudential as a brand do for you in your local market? Here, I've found alot of the relocation people we deal with are familiar with Prudential brand but less awareness locally compared to Remax/C21/Coldwell etc. My Prudential is working on some interesting offerings coming soon.

Hello All!  Great idea.  I took a look at the housingpredictor.com site that Ted mentioned earlier in this post.  I dont agree with what it has to say for my area.  Nor was it consistent with our housing forecast.  As for the PVRM, it's not something we use in our area.  In our local area, Prudential is a great brand!  Has anyone set up a "buddy system" for discussing personal marketing practices (agents from non-competing areas, of course)  email me if your interested...

hey....what's with the blue ribbon?...and why dont I have one (lol)

For some reason when you contribute in some way Zillow has a system of assigning the blue ribbon, you might try emailing them. I work a buddy system with agents I've met at different events via Linkedin, Plaxo and Facebook. With a special place in my heart for other Prudential Agents.

Hello from Suwanee / Duluth Georgia.

Thanks for starting the forum for Prudential Agents!  I'm also on Linkedin and Facebook and find these are fun social networking sites.  We don't use the value range in our price evaluations.  I like the thought of Prudential Agents sticking together during this ever changing market.

How do you submit an article on zillow?

Submit an article? Do you mean start a topic or a blog type article?

Are any of you doing something "outside the box" that seems to be working?

Good evening everyone. Was just looking through the site and found the Prudential agent topic. My name is Andrew Rogovic, Associate Broker Prudential Rand Realty in Rye New York. For those not familiar with the area, as we have some small towns, Rye is about 20 miles North of NYC. We basically are bordered by the Long Island Sound, Greenwich Ct and White Plains.

I am on Facebook, Linked, ActiveRain.com, etc and always am looking to network with fellow agents. Anyone here planning to go to Las Vegas for convention? Well it is nice to see so many Prudential agents here.

[content removed by moderator for being self promotional]

Hey Andrew-- someone from my neck of the woods- well kinda!  Janice Doty of Prudential Rand  in Pine Bush-- N/NW of NYC (about 90 mins). Currently Prucential Rand holds 16% market share for Orange County--higher than the next two combined!! Feel free to ask/send questions about the Hudson Valley--absolutely great place.

Not going to Vegas or Triple Play this year, kids are too young for me to leave-hubby works night shift.

Janice,

Glad to see another Rand agent on board here. Let make it a point to meet and say hello at the next Rand event. I am usually pretty visable at these things as I try to network with every office. In regards to Vegas, I also have a couple of young kids, so I know the difficulty. If you cant do Vegas certainly try to do Jersey in June/July whenever they do it again. Good classes and great networking. Speak to you soon.

Andrew

Hi Everyone!

I'm Bonnie Tegge from the Virginia Beach area. It's nice to have an active place to meet here. I read through some of the earlier comments and totally agree that there is quite a bit of negativity and downright BASHING going on in this site! I really don't stay on it as much as ActiveRain.

Hi, All!

My name is Sonia Holmes from Prudential in CT (Fairfield County to be precised).  I do have plaxo, facebook, myspace, trulia account but not sure what it  will do to bring business; they are great networking tools.  I use facebook the most for personal reason. 

You were talking about PVRM earlier.  A few agents in our office did use it and was very successful with that strategy.  Only trick is I learned you should only provide PVRM strategy for expired listings and not for new listings. 

I've found PVRM to work well with expired/canceleds also. As for plaxo, linkedin & facebook, I've found them to be good for syndicating my feeds from my sites (ex. my blog, my website) good for leaving "internet breadcrumbs" out there.

Premier Agent Websites: Have a Question?
Profile picture for John Doering
Latest reply by John Doering
July 07 | 109 answers
Simple ideas every realtor and other professionals on zillow should follow to get a great reputation
Profile picture for Debra (Debbie) Rose
Latest reply by Debra (Debbie) Rose
May 07 | 72 answers
Sending listing reports to sellers
Latest reply by SteadyState
February 15 | 24 answers
Fellow Realtors/ Attorneys *Please be Aware of this Email Fraud Scam from China*
Profile picture for Denishia Hostetler
Latest reply by Denishia Hostetler
  • Posted by Ken Mischitelli
  • In Agents
Seller wants to use a Sliding Scale for our commission!
Profile picture for tlccentral
Latest reply by tlccentral
  • Posted by scott daniels
  • In Pro-to-Pro