Purchased home prior to marriage- If refi now does wife need to be on title?

I purchased my home in Michigan 5 yrs prior to marriage. Am in process of independantly refinancing now and am told my wife will need to be added to the title even though the mortgage will only be in my name. Is this valid? 
  • August 03 2012 - Staten Island
  • 0

no. the lender might require her to sign the TIL and deed of trust if Michigan is a community property state to acknowledge that she's aware of the debt but she would not be required to go on the deed.