Profile picture for Rebbsie

Purchasing a Fannie Mae home in Michigan

I am a Canadian wanting to purchase a home in Michigan on the St. Clair river. The home I am looing at is a Fannie Mae home. I am having a lot of trouble getting straight answers from agents. The purpose of this home would just be a vacation spot for my family and would never be an income property. I would be paying cash so would not require a mortgage. Am I eligible to buy a Fannie Mae property if it is not going to be a permanent residence? I am having trouble getting the information I need.
  • May 25 2011 - Ontario
  • 0

Profile picture for SeanGlaze
http://www.homepath.com/ this is the web site you need to look at.  Just FYI you have posted this question to an area for Ontario, CA not ontario Canada.

It should say on the Fannie Mae HomePath.com website if it's a part of the "First Look" program which closes off the home to non-owner occupants for a period of time.  I am not certain if all Fannie Mae owned homes are listed on that website though.