Profile picture for nsb06751

Question about offers

Hello all, I am selling my house w/o a selling agent. I received a call from a buyers agent who had shown the property twice to the same party and indicated i would see an offer. It is 4 days later and I have not heard a peep. Is that normal or should I not hold my breath at this point. Thanks.
  • January 06 2011 - US
  • 0

that is pretty typical in today's market.  Buyer's don't appear to be in a big hurry like they were in previous years.  Remember, there is a ton of inventory & these buyer's have lots of homes to choose from.  They may be tightening up their finances, speaking with their lender, etc.  I'd suggest that if you haven't heard back from that Buyer's agent in a week, give them a follow-up call to check in & see what's up.
Best of luck,
Janel Burroughs

Profile picture for hpvanc
Robyn,

It does not look like the expense of those marketing classes was entirely wasted.  I'm assuming that is where you learned how to manipulate and spin statistics from questionable sources to support your pitch.  Also I'll bet you it was just that kind of training that led you to believe that you might be able to sneak your website address in if you put spaces in it to make it less obvious. 

I would say you learned a lot either from your marketing classes or the lowest common denominator networking environment they were able to create.

I hope this helps you learn a little about the intelligence of consumers.

"sell for 17% more than if you sell by yourself"

That's an interesting statistic. Unsupportable, but interesting.

p.s. I know that NAR reports these statistics, but their sampling and underlying data is flawed. Unfortunately, then people like you regurgitate these as "fact", when at best they are "hopeful speculation wrapped in a veneer of science".

Profile picture for Robyn The Realtor
Interesting...I took a sales class that taught agents to build their inventory by "showing FSBO homes".  The seller would then get excited and ask the agent to list so they could put the deal together.

While I would never subscribe to this activity, you could have one of those agents showing your home.  Not sure why you are not using a listing agent, but typically they can sell for 17% more than if you sell by yourself.  You are at the mercy of a sharp buyers agent (with a commitment only to their client) and could loose more than you know.  A listing agent is worth every penny they make for you.  Not only can they stop the unqualified traffic in your home, but will protect your investment.

Hope this Helps. Robyn Bullard
[content removed by moderator]

Give them a call and follow up with, I know the last time we spoke you were indicating I would see an offer.  Have those circumstances changes and if so, ask why?

You always want to get feedback good and bad.  This will help you stay proactive and adjust the needed changes along the way.

Best of luck.

The agent might have been jumping the gun, or just digging for information as to whether or not you had any other interested people right now.  Contacting the agent doesn't hurt, the buyers might be busy or waiting for a pre-approval.  Just don't sound desperate when you call.

Follow up with the agent and ask what the status of the buyers is. 

The buyers may have chosen another home or are not ready to make an offer yet.