Profile picture for chefevans

Question concerning HUD bid acceptance and timeline

Once HUD has accepted a bid on a home, typically how long does it take them to complete the contract and send it to you? I have found some conflicting information. Some sites say it takes 7 - 14 days. Is this accurate?
  • March 27 2014 - Helena
  • 0

Profile picture for tamiroberts
HUD has a few Asset Management companies and it has been my experience that each Asset Management company has their own timeline.  It also depends on how many contracts they have at the time as to when they get to your contract. All of the Asset Managers have a main phone number that you can call with the case number and they will tell you exactly where your contract is in their process and when you should expect to have it fully executed. 

I have also found that you must complete the contract and all the addenda EXACTLY as they specify or they will send the whole thing back for corrections. For example names must match ID, etc.

Congratulations on our new home.

I have had one back as fast as 3 days but that was some time back. Give them at least the 7 days. Congratulations on your soon to be home purchase!

I have done about 5 HUD deals.. usually within 10 days I have the contract