Profile picture for HeatherGeffen Lopez

Questions about Texas real estate laws

I am currently a virtual administrative assistant to a licensed Broker in Idaho. I am also working on obtaining my Texas real estate license. I have the following questions:

1) Can a Broker open an office out of a residence? So if my current boss, wants to become a licensed broker in the state of Texas, can she live in Idaho, and still run an office here in Texas?

2) Does the office need a "managing Broker" ? If it does, can that managing broker be an AGENT (me) and not a Broker? Or, could my boss be the managing broker and only live out of state?

3) What are the requirements to be a Broker?
  • June 15 2013 - Fort Worth
  • 0

You will want to check with TREC.

http://www.trec.state.tx.us/

These all seem like TREC questions. I would try contacting TREC directly during normal business hours in order to get an exact answer. I will say this sponsering out of state could be very difficult. You will be held accountable for the conduct of your agents even if you're not present. Your office will certainly need a broker present to avoid complications and or questions of neglience.