Profile picture for dlscott farnsworth

Quicken Loans Refinance Complaint

I contacted Quicken Loans via an advertisement on the internet for a Veteran's Administration Interest Rate Reduction Loan (VAIRRL) product on or around 9-4-2013. I was contacted by Kareem Josey, during our negotiation of a VAIRRL Mr. Josey at no time ever informed me that I may have to supply any money out of pocket to complete the refinance. Furthermore Mr. Josey specifically told me that the earnest money of $400 that I supplied would be returned to me and in fact I would probably get money back from my escrow when we close. Mr. Josey made it clear to me that this loan was going to be fast and easy and that there would be no problems. Quicken Loans has discriminated against me based on my sex and marital status and stole my earnest deposit of $400 by vastly changing the terms of the Good Faith Estimate that was a negotiated deal that was quoted to me via Mr. Josey then refused to fully refund my deposit when I declined their extreme change in terms on or around 9-17-2013. Please beware of the fraud perpetrated by Quicken Loans.

• October 18 2013 - Plainwell
  • 0

They are engineered to amaze. It sounds like you were amazed.

It's a bummer that your experience was that negative. Have you talked to a local lender to help you out? Some companies are better than others when it comes to VA loans.

Regards,

Mark

I can't get past the $400 "deposit".  On an IRRRL the VA prohibits the collection of anything other than the credit report fee prior to closing.

Call the VA, show them the credit card receipt or cleared check; I imagine a couple calls later from the VA and you'll get a refund.

How did they discriminate against you based on sex and marital status?

I agree with Mr. Plume. Additionally, if you feel you were discriminated against, I would definitely contact an attorney as this is definitely a violation of ECOA (equal credit opportunity act).

Profile picture for The Mortgage Mark
Post a loan request on zillow.  There are plenty of lenders that could do this for you with no costs out of pocket.