Profile picture for cate8

Quit Claim Deed

Recently I
bought a condo in Palm Beach county, FL. Seller provide QCD only, without title insurance. The closing company agree to provide title insurance at my own cost, they also agree to change QCD to Warranty Deed. My question is if I have a title insurance, do I needed to pay extra to get a WD?
Please help!
  • October 13 2012 - Palm Beach
  • 0

Profile picture for craigfial
Should not matter.  As long as the Title company will guarantee the title, you should be in good shape.  Make sure you remove the exceptions from the policy.Transferring title via QCD is common to avoid paying Doc Stamps or if the seler obtained the property through Foreclosure Auction from the county clerk.

I would ALWAYS check title before closing.  You never know what is out there these days.  I see all kinds of crazy stuff.  HOA,Unpaid Property Taxes, Municipal, Utility and Code Violations liens are most common. In some cases the lines exceed the value of the property.

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
I am no lawyer but this smells funny. I have never heard of transferring ownership via a quit claim, that is used to remove a name from a deed and not to add one. If I was you I would contact a lawyer that does real estate and let them advise you.

Tim