REALTORS BEWARE! Zillows Unauthorized charges to Realtors credit cards

Hi Realtors:

I was called by a Zillow sale rep a few days ago selling me a territory for buyer leads. She requested I gave her my credit card number to set up my territory and profile and I would get to view the agreement, With no obligation in order to get a copy of the agreement. Against my better judgement and because they are such a large company I gave her my credit card number.

After reviewing the agreement I decided not to move forward and I informed her of that as I really do not focus on buyers in my business.

After telling her that I would buy into the program she became rude and told me that it was too late as it would cause accounting too much trouble to credit me back. at this point I told her what she promised me " I would get a chance to review the contract before my card would be charged", she insisited that because she spent some time with me I should commit myself to paying over $150.00 for 12 months of their service.

I specifically told her I did not want the service, she said my card would not be charged and got off the phone. The next day she charged my credit card anyway. and now never returns my calls, and there is now way to get a good customer service number for them.

I just was that they have given me a partial credit on my credit card but have decided to keep about $45.00 of my money and no communication from her or Zillow.

Has anyone else been taken by these hard sales tactics?

Realtors "BEWARE", don't fall into the trap I did.

Will Moya
  • August 14 2013 - US

Yes,, this has happened to me.  A salesperson calls, does a pittch to upgrade you , you say no, and they upgrade you and charge your card anyway.  No way to call them back.  I have to have my card changed so they no longer have a valid card number, or I fear the charges will just keep coming. 
  • February 03