Profile picture for hpvanc

Rates on 10 Year Fixed

I'm just in the initial stages on this, but I am seeing rates from a Zillow request, that I don't see looking online for at my local lenders.

I am seeing a ~ 3.25% both either very low fee or no fee rate for a 10 year fixed, looking online at my local lenders, the best rate I see is ~3.75%.  Is this low of a rate really available on a refinance with:
    ~ $170K balance
    65%-70% LTV
    ~ 25% DTI front end and back end
    800+ FICO

• June 03 2011 - Vancouver

" I have one of the most competitive 10 year around and my par is 3.5%"

Apparently you don't. I see 3.25% on a 10 year rebating 2.35%. That's a $3995 rebate to the borrower for closing costs.

Your 3.5% isn't even close. 

A lot of lenders are saying yes, but i doubt it very highly. I have one of the most competitive 10 year around and my par is 3.5% but you would still have about 2k in costs, I honestly don't think anyone can do better than this.

Profile picture for hpvanc
There are 2 actually showing negative fees or rebates.  I just reran a request ZR-TNJVVXM.  If rates hold I will probably try calling some local lenders next week to see if they have comparable rates, and then look into the quotes if I can't match it locally.  They look too good to be true, but if they are true it would be worth my while.

I don't believe 3.25% 10-yr fixed on the information you have is available for no fee.  Maybe 3.375%

That lower rate is available. There will be some closing costs that can either be put into the loan amount or paid out of pocket.

There are A LOT of factors that go into the final rate so the best thing to do is contact a lender and go from there.

Best regards,
Doug
[contact information and hotlink removed by Zillow moderator]

Profile picture for daveskow
us local lenders  have the 3.25% on 10 yr fixed  you  outline ....loan fee approx 1%-1.25% in loan fee  and you would have all closing costs to pay as well

You would have to pay closing costs but it's doable.

Absolutely, Zillow is the most competitive mortgage pricing anywhere.  3.25% is better than par, it will pay you a credit and 3.375 will pay you a very nice credit.