Profile picture for legionsr12

Real Estate Appraised Value - Assessed value per town

I was wondering when the 2012 value would be posted?  My value went up $30k which would help the zillow $ value of my home and potentially help me refinance so I'm curious.

Thank you,

Mark Henry 104 Hancock Street, Abington, MA 02351
  • January 11 2012 - Abington
  • 0

HI,
Many times zillow does not have accurate values. assessed value, market value, and appraised value can be 3 different numbers and none of them can be close, but usually market or list price on a home for sale and appraisal value should be close. best to find out what the town has you assessed out which directly impacts the taxes you pay. Best thing to find value would to be either contact a realtor or mortgage person to appraise your home. but while your at it you should see if you can grieve your taxes and assessment. you can grieve taxes many different ways, if allowed have a realtor do a market analysis for you if your assessor accepts that, have it appraised if you are going for refinancing you can use that, or to get best results hire some one to grieve taxes for you. check with realtors or mortgage folks for references on these folks too. there are some that charge a portion of your first year savings but do excelent job, and other who charge a nominal fee and you are one of thousands in a paper mill with no human fighting for you.
good luck
bill

... potentially help me refinance so I'm curious.

Work with a loan broker who can work with a LOCAL appraiser in your area who might be able to nail down a more accurate value than Zillow for a loan... Free online values may be inaccurate.

Assessed value and market value are not equal and in many cases not even close. If your assessed value increases your Zestimate it will not help you refinance. Appraisers for banks will do an in depth SALES report based only on like sales in your area in the past six months. They will not use Zillow.