Profile picture for kkawohl

Real Estate Investing Outperforms All Other Investments.

Real Estate has in the long run outperformed any other type of investment. I have always recommended apartment buildings; they can be purchased with a reasonable down payment and if you use a 15-year mortgage, at the end of that time your income for retirement is assured. Using 1031 Exchanges, investing in NNN Properties and Commercial Properties are other ways to maximize your profits.

One of my clients is a 28 year old who started out with $50,000.00 that he inherited at age 19. His net worth is now close to $10 Million.

• February 10 2008 - US
  • 4

Profile picture for PATGENIUS

I am interested in apartment buildings - Could you please put me in the right direction

Tha - I may be able to come up with $50K but it seems they are a lot more expensive - Not sure how to proceed - Thank you

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

Good luck!  Apartment buildings can cost millions of dollars. 

Profile picture for chuckdog24

Alps,

Why no personal success story on your past 2 year return on your RE investment?

Profile picture for DannyInSoCal

Multi-units in SoCal are finally getting close to positive cash flow -

Another 10% drop and I'm in...

Thanx, D

Profile picture for ELender

Because no one really wants to go through all the work and risks involved.  I have personally done this and I would not recommend it to anyone I know.  It will strain your finances, your relationships, and get to consume you. 

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

I could tell you about my large returns on my last 2 RE investments, but I don't want to make you jealous. 

Profile picture for chuckdog24

The last 2 RE investments being the ones before the 2005 purchase?

It's no secret that plenty of folks made money in RE if they sold in the early/mid 2000's.

The poster's claims however is false:

"Real Estate has in the long run outperformed any other type of investment"

Consider the Case-Shiller graph for instance. Until about the year 2000, housing barely outperformed inflation over that 117 year time period.

The plain ole stock market has well outperformed inflation for that same 117 year time period.

Profile picture for wealth12

We are all looking for the deal in real estate that will make us a good profit. Foreclosures have always been a place to find deals you can make money on. With the market the way it is banks are taking a lot of property back and when they have an excess of property you are likley to get a good deal from them. I have founded a web site with lots of links to bank owned property's. It is all free with nothing to buy and nothing to join. This is just a place you may be able to get a good deal and make some money. Take a look and let me know what you think. I thought this information could be helpful to those of use looking activly for good real estate deals.

[Link removed by moderator]

Remember you make your profit in the purchase!! But you want it to be a good deal and it does not matter if you are an investor or a home owner.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

If the stock market is such a great investment Chuck, the go ahead and put alll of your money there.  Good luck in becoming the next Michael Bloomberg. 

Profile picture for DmitryT
How such it is possible? You mean multi-family houses?

Dmitry that was an old posting from 2008. If you want to invest call a local realtor who specializes in commercial property and speak with your accountant and bank manager to cautiously proceed forward like this.