Real Estate photos

As a photographer (also shoot real estate) I'm trying to find out why most agents don't want to use a good photographer, or at least take the time to take decent photos themselves.

Some listings I've seen deserve good photos.

January 10 - Phoenix

Nobody's going to tell you, "I take lousy photos on purpose!"

As a pro, you know that most people take lousy photos - no matter how good the gear, they don't know what a good photo looks like and they don't know what story they want the photo montage to tell.

My personal feeling is that buyers should jump on the properties with lousy photos, because the Internet has fostered a degree of laziness and an attitude of exclusion among buyers (they're looking for reasons to NOT go and look at the property). With fewer competitors, you can probably strike a better deal :)

February 05
Profile picture for Eric Galuppo

Because they don't know what professional photography is? The best thing to do is to hire a professional photographer. 

February 05
'I an building a book of Bad Pictures'      It will be tough, very very tough, to winnow it down to a single book.   Good luck!  

Make sure you include my favorites with the toilet seat up and the skid marks showing clearly in the bowl.

February 04

All listings deserve good photos...or at least the best possible photos. The problem is, some agents either can't afford to have photos done professionally or they don't realize they need the help. The first thing buyers notice is the photos, and they won't bother looking at a home if they don't like what they see in the pictures first.  We understand your confusion Charlie!

February 04
I an building a book of Bad Pictures to go along with a book of excellent pictures.  

February 04
Photos are so important...so many sellers do not understand this concept.  It's hard cleaning a house for sellers when they know pictures are going to be taken...just do our best to take pictures around some things not appealing to the eye for the camera.

February 04
When I have a listing it is always necessary to hire a professional high def photographer. Even when the home is in less than perfect condition, we owe it to our client/sellers to show their home in it's best light.

last year 2 of my listings were in Foster City and both were original. The pictures showed a true overview of both homes, 

January 30
I also try to use a professional photographer on all my listings, but to play devils advocate for a bit, sometimes when people view the listing after seeing the professional photos they feel the actual property is a bit of a let down since professional pictures make anything look nicer and bigger. 

January 30
I honestly have been wondering that same question Charlie! I was looking at a home on MLS and its pictures were terrible but it was a beautiful home in person.  Something as small has a poor picture can be the determining factor of someone choosing to view the home or not. Not a risk I'm willing to take.

January 14
I use a photographer for all of my listings.  They sell faster and get more interest both online and from other agents researching homes for their clients.  

January 10