Profile picture for srtp123

Real estate in Orange county

I am contemplating a move to Orange CA next July. If I move, I will be working in Children's Hospital of Orange County (CHOC). I am not familiar with the area. I would appreciate if some one could post information on nice neighborhoods to live in. We are a family of four including two young children. I would like to know prices for 3BR housing (single family, condo) vs rental.

Thanks in advance
Nathan
  • August 28 2010 - Orange
  • 0

Vince,

TU. That was a great article. As an OC resident, I can't find any fault in this article. Used a lot of resources to get that to print. .... Happy funding, Rudi

Do you know what price range you can consider?

Nathan, I don't have anything prepared  at a  lower dollar amount this, but you could use this as a guide. http://www.agentsite.com/ ... 697_71647

You have a map on my previous link to determine distance. Now, I suggest you log into this website and look around for homes in your price range. http://www.listingbook.com .... Happy funding, Rudi

Profile picture for srtp123
Thank you all for your replies. Quite useful info! Well, I have not yet finalized my move yet. I love the California culture and weather. My only apprehension is about the cost of living. If I am ready to spend 2-3K a month on house (rental or mortgage+maint), what kind of property can I get in a decent neighborhood?

Nathan,

You'll love OC and working at CHOC. My daughter just moved down from Carmel and has just accepted a position with CHOC scheduling surgeries.

Here is a great link (I did it, it has to be great.) from my Orange County Resource website. ... Happy funding, Rudi
http://myocinfo.com/orang ... overnment

There are a lot of nice neighborhoods in Orange County. Irvine is known for it's schools and parks and as a result is popular amongst families with school age children. However, there are a number of other communities that have good schools, parks, and neighborhoods and there are many personal family factors and preferences that will need to be considered.

Generally, if my clients are new to the area I recommend that they lease a property so that they do not feel pressured to buy and they do not make a rush decision. This allows me to assist my clients know the area better and help them to make a better decision. 

Right now there is still a lot of shadow inventory in Orange County so there is not reason to be in a rush to purchase. There are a number of good web sites that can help you to better understand the market. Including Irvine Housing Blog dot com.

My son was born at CHOC - great hospital!  I would be happy to assist you in finding a home in a great neighborhood.  Do you want to send my your email or phone number and would be happy to send you some homes that match what you are looking for.

There are many great cities to live in Orange County, Fountain Valley, Garden Grove, Stanton, Cerritos, Huntington Beach, take your pick, you just have to figure out how far you want to live from your work. Most of these cities are within a 30 minute driving range of CHOC. Check out my profile and contact me if you want more information.

Congrats! Yes, there ARE good and bad areas of OC, make sure you talk to a few local Realtors there...WHAT is your price range ?