Profile picture for laurencerausa

Real estate school

I would like to take the pre licence 63 h to become a realtor. Any recommendation about a school in Palm Harbor area. What about the online class? How hard is the test? Thank you
  • May 16 2012 - Palm Harbor
  • 0

Hello Lauren,

When I became licensed 7 years ago I took the course at Gold Coast School of Real Estate...I know they have several location through out south FL however im not sure if they go as far north as Palm Harbour...In regards to the Test, It all depends how much you study...I know people that failed several times before they passed the test. In regards to the course I would always recommend that you do not do it online as im sure you will have many questions present themselves, so its always good to have an instructor so that you can seek clarification to these questions that i can guarantee you will arrise!  Best Of Luck!

I took an online course for my PA pre licensing courses. I found them to be designed very well and I loved the fact that I could take the courses at my own pace.

I took the classroom course last year and took the Florida state exam a month after the course.  It was one of the most difficult tests I have ever taken.  The state of Florida is currently running a 50% pass rate so studying is essential.  There is no substitute for the exam prep that most real estate schools will provide at the end of the pre-license course so if I can recommend anything to you it would be NOT TO DO IT ONLINE! 

Pick the top 3 real estate companies in the Tampa/Clearwater area.  Those with the most market dominance are preferred.  Call and ask to talk to the managing broker at each office and tell them your desires and ask for an informative meeting.  I wish my company covered Tampa because our school is phenomenal!  Some large companies will have their own sponsored pre-license course and its a good way to pre-screen the brokers to see where you think you'd fit in once you're licensed.

If you have any questions on the process in more detail, please don't hesitate to contact me.  Good luck!

Jeff Metcalf, REALTOR(R)
Watson Realty Corp.

Try contacting a couple of local brokers to see what they recommend. Perhaps you might even find a broker who might help with the cost of the class.

The class I took in Michigan ten years ago didn't seem that difficult. But I did study, read the text book twice. I got two questions wrong on the class final exam. The State only informed me that I passed ... they didn't disclose the grade.