Realtor Review

Tried to post a negative review regarding a bad experience with a local realtor.  I was told it would post in the next 7 days.  Two weeks later it still hasn't posted.  I'm assuming the site doesn't post negative reviews, misleading people to think a realtor is better then they are.
  • March 15 2013 - Fairbanks
  • 3

No, actually they do post bad reviews, but they do have a team that verifies the authenticity of the author and screens for bad language, etc.  THey want reviews to be descriptive and informative, whether bad or good.  One can't simply say "she was a great agent" or "he was really bad" - both of those will get rejected.  I would try again, make sure you provide correct information about the home you bought or sold with that agent, and use repectful language and detailed descriptions. Good luck.  I think it is important for people to share their experiences, bad and good.

The other caveat is that Zillow does not post reviews unless you used the REA's services. So, buyers cannot "review" the seller's REA, nor can sellers "review" the buyer's REA.

Zillow does post negative reviews, I've seen a number of them (I'm an outsider).

Some of the key factors to get them accepted:

1.  The agent must be one who represented you and not the other party.  So if you are a buyer, you can't review the seller's agent (or vica versa).  This is mention in the agent review FAQ under the section "can anyone write a review".

2.  There must be factual details describing the experience.

3.  It can't be libel.

4.  It can't be generic statements such as "worst agent in the world"

5.  Must comply with the Good Neighbor Policy.

I'm sure that there are other features the moderator. are monitoring, but these are some they've mentioned publicly in this Advice section.

You can check the status of your review at any time by opening your Zillow profile and clicking on "reviews written" on the left.

Thank you for submitting a review.  An honest, factual review is helpful to consumers like me.

Profile picture for danrak
They will do their best to regent them.  One agent I worked with who falsified info to me has two great short reviews that Eva said would not be allowed in her example, but a paragraph on how bad this one Realtor was with me gets rejected.  A google search of zillow and reviews leads to many negative reviews of zillow itself.  I guess if you are an agent who pays you are golden by zillow standards and cannot be touched.

I tell you the only thing we have to do is to stop selling and buying through a realtor. I will buy direct only and sell direct. Realtor are only problem that cost so much money. Most are uneducated and high school drop out that try to make big bucks.

They are the biggest scam played on people.

Do not list your house with realtor, do not buy your house with realtor.

The overall home buying process was smooth from the start. Having a realtor with the right industry knowledge, drice and tools made the difference. Dan Gregory understood that we were first time home buyers and made sure to keep us up to date and ahead of the game. We received help from the very beginning, when we first inquired about a property, Dan assisted us without throwing the preapproval issue in our face before doing so. After the sale Dan Gregory made sure to check on us, addressing all of our questions or concerns. Thanks again Dan!