Profile picture for annmelott1

Realtor Selling Home for Client

If a For Sale By Owner sales their home through a clients realtor does the For Sale By Owner pay the realtor for getting their client to buy the property???????
  • August 19 2013 - Morganton
  • 0

If the deal is good enough after the broker's fee, why not take it? If it's not, don't take i!

I recently sold a FSBO to a client of mine, The owner of the home paid me a real estate commission for bringing them the buyers, but since it was listed by themselves, they did not pay a real estate commission towards a listing agent. So in the end if saved them about half of what they would have paid for an agent to list and market it and then advise them on real estate contracts and terms. Everyone believes FSBO is saving you money, but in the end that is a meth.

Profile picture for annmelott1
I am selling my home for my self because I will need every penny to look for and buy myself another home. I have a horse that I will have to get someone to tranfer for me also renting Pods to get my stuff moved. I will be lucky if I have enought to put a down payment on a place when I sell.

Profile picture for andywalker
Most qualified buyers will work with a Realtor to assist them with what is the single most significant purchase in a persons lifetime. Naturally they are going to want professional guidance. Therefore it is not unusual for would be sellers to "cooperate" with a professional buyers agent. The commission should be negotiated and it is a perfectly safe and effective way to sell your home, although not as effective as hiring a full service realtor to represent you in the sale of your home

Profile picture for annmelott1
What it was, I got a call on the phone yesterday by someone that said they were a reastate agent and that they had somebody that wanted to look at my property that I have for sale, and that if they got them to buy my property would I pay him for selling my property. I'm reluctant when someone calls me on the phone and starts asking me to give them money to have someone buy my property. That is why I'm asking for advice so I don't get burned.

I believe you are saying a buyer's agent came to your house with their buyer and are trying to buy your home or have submitted an offer for your home. Unless you have agreed (in writing) to pay the buyer's agent, you do not owe them money. The point of you being a FSBO was to probably save you agent fees, right? What the buyer can do, is reimburse their agent, as no one expects agents to work for free.

It's negotiable, user8052691.  Some FSBO sellers will pay a buyer's agent, others will not.  In the latter, the buyers pay. 

Profile picture for annmelott1
The client is the one buying.

Is the client the buyer or the seller?