Profile picture for TedDBere

Realtor Using a Sold House to "phish" on Zillow

How do you you get a Sold listing removed from Zillow when you know the realtor is keeping the listing active to phish for new buyers?

March 14 2012 - US

a lot of agents don't manage the feed of their listings, instead it is managed by their brokerage's "technical" person which turns out not to be so technical afterall.   Chances are pretty good that there is a problem with that feed and the brokerage needs to be contacted (not the agent).

other than that...go the listing and flag it for zillow  "report a problem with this listing"

It may be an oversight. Agents manage a lot of listings. If the house has been sold, you can flag it on Zillow with the "report problem with listing" and contact the agent through their website to let them know that the listing is still posted. 

If you have already spoken to him and asked him to remove it, then I would call his broker. If you don't get a good response, then I would contact your state's real estate liscensing commission.

I would also use the link at the bottom of the page to report a problem with this listing. I suppose whatever the reason, it is unacceptable that it continues after you brought it to his attention.

Sometimes it is an honest mistake and a feed was not removed...sometimes it is laziness, but I am sure that what you are describing has also happened. Good luck!

Profile picture for TedDBere
MLS 2829671