Profile picture for bob123jet

Realtor in DC

Hi - I'm a potential first time homebuyer. I know there were some great deals in the last year, but  now I'm hearing that all these homes in my price range (lower end) are being snapped up by investors with 100% cash.

I've got good credit, plenty for downpayment, etc. but this area still seems really overpriced (around Alexandria or further south).

If anyone knows any realtors in the NOVA area, please contact me so we can talk. I'm totally clueless and it seems Zillow's listings are not too accurate.

November 29 2009 - Alexandria

Hi

I specialize in working with first time buyers so you should feel free to contact me with your questions.  I live in Alexandria a few miles South of Old Town.

Catherine Jouet
[link removed by moderator]

Profile picture for bob123jet
Thanks for the help, especially those that emailed me personally.

First off, looks like Fannie Mae has a 15 day 'No Investor' deal, which is exactly what someone like me needs to compete with the vultures.

Unfortunately, there aren't very many houses on Fannie's linked site.

Also, just got my FHA loan approved. I'm in the Dale City-Woodbridge-Dumfries area near Potomac Mills Mall if any realtor knows some houses around here - I'm new to the area, so not too particular, but these communities seem closer to my budget; I have time on weekends.

Please note that I'm not in a huge hurry to buy, but I really just want to see some examples (in person) of price ranges. I work in Alexandria, but that town is way too pricey for my budget.

I keep hearing these 'rumors' of tons of foreclosures coming up sometime early next year. Can anyone confirm?

Cathy, you might want to let your good friend Carol know that her web site violates NAR's regulations regarding the use of the term 'REALTOR" ...

Hi Bob!
I highly recommend talking with Carol B. Taylor with Long & Foster. She is a very experienced agent with a great track record of helping folks understand buying and selling in the Northern Virginia and DC Metro area.  Her website is:  www.YourRealtorInVA.com. 

Wow, in order not to transgress the policy, I will just wave in a very friendly way and ask if you have lined up your financing through a Zillow loan quote request yet?  A smiling Jim

Bob,
You can visit my web site and search all active MLS properties by County, Town, and Zip Code - click on my profile/gravatar to visit my web site.  Let me know when you find properties that you might be interested in.
Good Luck

Profile picture for bob123jet
I was the initial poster - for those that 'self-promoted' I got all your contact info in my inbox anyway, so no big deal.

I will send a personal email and/or visit your sites in order to get started on this.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Hi Glenda -

I understand that you only want to help this user but you don't need to include your contact information in your posts. Every contribution is linked back to your profile page. Users have access to it if they would like to seek more information about you or your services.

If you feel a post is spam, please report it for review so appropriate action may be taken (Flag Content).

Ice, I understand removing self-promoting content but this person was specifically asking to be contacted by a Realtor.  It seems to me that you should have removed the entire question as any answer would, by definition, be self-promoting.

I've seen far more egregious examples of self-promotion (and have reported many) on this site that never get deleted.  How are we to know where the line is drawn?  (Please don't tell me to read the policy ... I've read it.  In fact, I seem to be the only one that has.)

Hi Bob: I'm a life long resident of Alexandria and have over 30 years of Real Estate expericence in the Northern Va. area. I know the areas well and have helped quit a few buyers this year get into homes. There are alot of other questions I have. Give me a call if I can be of assistance. [content removed by moderator due to self-promotion]

Bob:
I'm a realtor in NOVA who has worked successfully in the past year with both first time home buyers as well as people looking to invest in foreclosures.  It can be frustrating. You need patience and a good bidding strategy but it can be done.  I can show you any listings in NOVA and I'd be glad to help.  My office number is [comment edited by moderator due to self-promotion]0.  Please feel free to give me a call or just respond to my e-mail.
Carol Cooke

Hi Bob, I'm a Realtor in Northern Virginia and would be happy to help you.  We're expecting another wave of foreclosures in the first quarter of 2010, so you might have more luck than you had in the past.  Please feel free to contact me at [content removed by moderator due to self-promotion] for more information.