Realtors, Blackberry or Droid for business? Which do you prefer? How's battery life for Droid?

Contemplating switching from Blackberry to Droid. 
  • November 27 2010 - Staten Island
  • 0

Best Answer

I have a Droid and I have to keep a charger with me at all times!  Battery life is extremely short especially if you are on the internet a lot.

Neither...iPhone for Business or personal is far better(in my opinion) than either of those phones.  User interface, apps, reliability(hardware not network) Hands down...iPhone

I have noticed the Droid phone is less satisfactory. It has VERY short battery life and many documents sent in email won't open due to being incompatable. So I have to wait until I get home to actually see the document. This is very frusterating since I "upgraded" to this phone for that very purpose!! Get the Blackberry!!!
;)

Droid takes a few days to figure out and is not that user friendly for advanced functions. Screen is great and battery lasts all day. I have had the same battey for 2 years and lasts into the night.

I have the Galaxy and it has been a lifesaver especially getting and viewing my emails in real time. I can open my docs and read and scroll through them with ease. The battery life is very short, but a car charger is an easy fix for that. I never had a blackberry, but I have no real complaints with the Droid.

Thanks.  I'm now convinced to stay with blackberry!  Battery life is most important to me.

Profile picture for India Erb
I've tried Motorola Droids and HTC Droids for RE.  My experiences with HTC have been far superior to those of Motorola; however, HTC was using Android platform 2.2 rather than 1.6 as with Motorola.

I would highly recommend HTC Droids.

Batttery life is going to be determined by the phone design itself, as well as how often you use certain applications and settings (ie GPS, camera, WiFi, etc)  Compare specifications before you buy!

I was a BlackBerry user for many years, trying them all!  I ended with the Storm - hated it. But, the touch screen access I wanted. So, I bought a Droid and LOVE IT!  Have no issues with battery at all, but I have the Droid 2.  I use it for both corp email and personal email.  I can easily access my MLS.  It's lots faster in browsing than my BB, the phone's easier to use and the apps are awesome!  Our MLS just added the lockbox key for the Droid.  There's a car dock that has touch screen or voice access for calls, navigation, music.  It's just plain faster all-around, fewer touches or keystrokes.  Super-easy to use!  There's no going back to BlackBerry for me!

I love my blackberry, it hasn't failed me yet...my husband has a droid and everytime I ask where is his phone he states that it is charging...thats not a risk I'm willing to make while out with a client...many apps are becoming available for blackberry users that compare to those on droids...how many apps do you really need?

We all have the Droid. I read an article that said it was the best for the real estate industry too.  My battery life last longer than my palm ever did also!

I'm a staunch Blackberry fan. I've had 3 models Bold-9000, Bold-9700, and Torch-9800 and have been happy with all of them. The Torch-9800 is hands down the best phone I've ever used, the touch screen and physical keyboard rock. If you take advantage of a Blackberry Exchange Server and fully utilize the features of a corporate network then nothing beats Blackberry.

I recently made the switch to the Droid after years and years of using a blackberry.  I love everything about it, especially the unbelievable apps available to make life so much easier.  The only downside I have run into is the short battery life.  I too, must have a charger with  me at all times.  The other positive thing is that there is no temptation to text while driving, because it is much too difficult :)

Love the BlackBerry but sure wish they had the infrared for the lockboxes and the aps they keep creating for the i-phone!

Thanks for the updates everyone.  I keep hearing the same thing about droids and their battery life.  I use on average 5000m/month and txt messages avg 10,000/month. 

Even though the apps are great on droid, my wife has one, I think I'm sticking to blackberry.

Had 3 blackberries which were the best for internet but love the droid now. The battery life is bad and that is with the extended battery. The droid has some great apps for real estate though and now wouldn't go back to the blackberry. Get the k9 app for email as it functions the way blackberry servers do and email is timely.

Had 3 Blackberries and loved them except for the internet...currently have the droid and after the hassle of the transition like it a lot except the battery is life is poor.Also get the extended battery. Will stick with the droid though as it has some great apps for real estate.

Blackberry, great for email.

You have to sell your soul to Google to get the most out of a Droid.  That said, Google has an awesome set of tools for your Droid.

Cheers,

Rich

I switched from a Blackberry to a Droid and I love the larger touch screen and ease of use for apps.  Most of my colleagues are switching too.

Blacberries are the best, I have one and real is good. Good luck.