Profile picture for Jay_Box

Recently recieved assesed Property value in Mail.

I had my townhome re-financed and it was appraised at most likely the highest value before the bust (330,000).  I recently recieved a property value assesment for tax purposes and it is 280,000)  

From what I understand I am being taxed by city of Renton for a value of 330,000.  I want to reduce my taxes.  What should be my first steps for taking action to reduce my taxable property value? 
  • October 01 2009 - Renton
  • 0

The $280k assessment is what your property taxes are based upon.   It's all done by King County. 

The first step is to contact the city and appeal the taxes assessed amount.  This may take time but I have seen many people getting their tax assessed values reduced in light of the current housing market.