Profile picture for hammond liz

Recommendations for neighboorhoods commutable from Southfield, MI

My husband has a job offer in Southfield, MI that we are considering.  We would be relocating from North Carolina, and we are looking for recommendations on where to start searching  for houses.  We are hoping to find an area that is kid friendly (i.e. lots of parks, activities, good schools, etc.), in the $250-300k price range.  A half hour commute from Southfield would be doable.  We are spoiled here in North Carolina, because we are surrounded by great parks!  Also, where would I find a good organic grocery store? 

December 13 2013 - Southfield

Hi Liz!
Congratulations on the new job! It can seem stressful trying to look for properties when out of state. If you would like any assistance, Real Estate One, Inc. has a relocation department called Relocation America that specifically helps consumers like yourself! We are the leading real estate company in Michigan and are here to help people move all around the world :)

[Content removed by Zillow Moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy]

Best wishes on the moving process!

Amy Knill
Real Estate One, Inc.
25800 Northwestern Hwy. Suite 100
Southfield, MI 48075
[Content removed by Zillow Moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy]

Hello Congrats to your husband on the job offer! There are many nice areas that would probably fit your criteria close to Southfield. You can visit my website and search the surrounding cities to see what you like or I can do it for you. Feel free to give me a call and or email and I can set you up on a home search for the area. I can also email you school, park, and city information. Also new homes are starting to develop in the area I can help you with this as well. I would like to talk with you so I can get all you wants and needs and solve them for you.

Profile picture for hammond liz

Hi, thank you for your reply!  What is the market like for new construction in those areas?  A newer neighborhood would be nice. 

Good Morning Liz,

A lot would depend on what you are looking for in a home.  Personally there are quite a few areas surrounding Southfield that would meet your stated needs.  Areas such as Troy, Rochester Hills, Shelby Township, West Bloomfield, Birmingham, Royal Oak, Franklin, Beverly Hills.  For the schools you can check out this website: http://www.schooldigger.com/go/MI/schoolrank.aspx.   All of the areas have homes in the price range your requesting.

If you need the assistance of a buyer's agent I would be happy to help!