Refi on RE contract, fair credit

My husband and I got a RE contract on a home 2 1/2 years ago. Our contract is up in May. We need to refinance now, or we have to renegotiate the contract, and I don't want to do that. We have enough income through him but his credit's not great.

I have a credit score of about 680, all accounts in good standing, but no job. My husband has a credit score of about 600, maybe more, but he has three collections accounts for credit cards from when he got laid off a few years ago. We have been working on fixing his credit since then. I have one vehicle loan in my name, he has one in both of our names but it will be paid off in 6 months. We owe just about $100,000 on the house, I estimate it's worth to be around $115,000.
  • March 29 2012 - Uptown
  • 0

I'm an FHA lender here in ABQ and may be able to help, even if you only want a 2nd opinion.