Refinance a Rental after a short sale and a divorce.

The home I'd like to refinance is the rental property that I received in divorce that has never had default on the loan.  I have since moved into it as my primary residence. The property that had to be short sallied, was the residence when we were married.  My ex quick deeded the property to me.  I heard that this property can be refinanced after two years, and my ex can not buy for three.  Is this true?  
  • August 25 2013 - Bullard
  • 0

It appears that you may fall within a loop hole whereby you might be able to refinance earlier than the two years as stated below. Please contact me by clicking on my profile and I will explain it to you in detail.

Best of Luck!

George Raymondo
DFW, TX

Yes you can refinance after two years and your wife should be able to purchase again after two years as well with Fannie Mae Approval. I have closed 100's of after short sale loans. To go over your options contact me through my profile.

You will be able to refinance the rental as your primary residence after 24 months from the completion of the short sale. Your ex will be subject to the same guideline since the short sale was due to a divorce. However, I believe there will be a minimum down payment of 10% for the purchase. I do CA loans if you need further guidance. I hope this helps!