Profile picture for keepanopenmind

Reid Resort Reaty, Broker Scott Reid, ad for rental looked good but is a dump.Has my deposit Help

Is this a legitimate real estate practice or a bunch of scammers. They will not return my $1,175 deposit.  Their ad was deceptive.  Actual property and area a dump.
  • April 13 2011 - Orlando
  • 0

Profile picture for tannyia
I have been having the same problem, I moved into my place Jan. 10th and they where supposed to fix the pace before I moved in. On my move in date I had the keys in hand and I opened the door and it looked worse than when I did the walk through. They where supposed to fix it or put me somewhere else is what my lease said and they did not and they never refunded my money. They sent someone to fix some of the problems 45 days later. I am still there and now in court over payments that where made and lost. This is a very incompetant company!! And there are still numerouse things wrong with my townhouse. They refuse to fix it.

Profile picture for Connie Klemme

if this was a purchase transaction there should have been a legal agreement that went with your deposit that details the terms of cancellation and refund of the deposit.  Read it carefully,  and if you don't see such language, contact the brokerage to try a peaceful solution first, then contact their local board for assistance. then if you need to...contact an attorney.  Hope you can avoid that. 

Did you look at the property before you gave them your deposit? If you signed a contract, the return of your money would be dictated by the terms that you agreed to. You might also consider calling the BBB to see if they can help you here.