Profile picture for ElSwyers

Relocating for First Time Home Buyers - Who is the right real estate agent for us?

Hi my name is Elizabeth Swyers! I am a first time homebuyer and am currently living in Saint Louis, MO., renting an apartment. I am now looking with my significant other to relocate, and I don't have an exact state/city in mind persay; California, Gulf of Mexico, somewhere that's sunny, warm, beautiful weather. 20 years of Saint Louis weather is more than enough for us! Luckily our jobs we can relocate almost anywhere, so the question is what place is right for us? Also within our budget. If anyone would be interested in helping out answering questions for a first time homebuyer, give me a shout via email @ elswyers@yahoo.com or a call at (314)399-5195
  • March 18 2014 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for DanLucente
Georgia (Atlanta area) offers the best weather because the winters are relatively mild (except this year) and you'll still get to enjoy all seasons.

Hi Elizabeth,

I saw the word "warm" so come here to Northeast Florida.   Our weather is beautiful and unlike the rest of Florida Hurricanes are very rare.   California has always been cold when ever I am there and Hurricanes plague the entire gulf coast.   Someplace around St. Augustine is real good.

PS. NO STATE INCOME TAX!

Hi Elizabeth!  As a first time buyer, you'll want to work with an experienced agent, someone who has closed several deals. Find an agent you can trust and who will look out for your best interest. A referral to an agent would be the best. As for location, you'll have to do some research.  I'm a realtor in 'sunny' southern California in an area know as the San Gabriel Valley. Centrally located in SoCal & close to LA, the mountains, and the beaches, the area has broad appeal to young & old alike. Condo prices start in the low $200k. One of my favorite cities is Pasadena. Great vibe, lots of restaurants, shopping, cultural events, home to fabulous Cal Tech, and the famous Rose Parade & Rose Bowl! Here's a link for you: http://www.cityofpasadena.net. Feel free to contact me with any questions.  Good Luck!  Lisa

"what place is right for us?"  is a difficult question.   Have you toured those areas to be able to narrow it down?