Profile picture for pdohio

Relocating from Columbus OH to Tampa/St Pete area

I have a remote job & so planning to relocate from Columbus OH to warmer place this summer. I am very much interested in Tampa/St Pete area.  So I am selling my house & planning to buy in Tampa/St pete area.
Could you please suggest family friendly neighborhoods in tampa/st.pete area? A grade school  & Safety is my top priority. I would prefer suburb within 30-45 minutes to Tampa downtown/airport.
Thanks in advance.

January 21 - Tampa

[self promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

May 29
Hi pdohio,

I agree with Anna's suggestions. If you are looking to be closer to downtown Tampa, I would definitely recommend the Hyde Park area of Tampa or nearby Historic Seminole Heights, especially if you have an appreciation for historic neighborhoods with full landscaped yards, tree covered streets and great proximity to local shops and food. These locations both have access to exceptional public schools from grade school through high school. The added benefit of living in these neighborhoods is their proximity to downtown Tampa - less than 15 minutes! 

Depending on your situation (do you need 2 bedrooms? 5 bedrooms?) and what you plan on investing in your new home (budget of $200K? budget of $2M? somewhere between?) would also help fellow Zillow professionals in locating a home on your behalf. 

No matter who you use to represent you, I recommend that you do employ a buyer's agent. Buyer's agents work for you and it is their job to make sure that your requirements are met. Starting a search on your own is great and will help you help your agent. But, in the end, you are moving to a new place and without the help of a professional who knows the area well, there is always the chance you could end up somewhere you didn't intend on being.

Good Luck with your move and feel free to contact me with any more questions you might have, especially about living in the downtown Tampa area - I'm a resident here. :)

Lauren (Capo) Campbell
813.777.6258
laurenmcapo@gmail.com
Keller Williams Tampa Properties 

April 28
Hi! Dana Shores is a beautiful neigbourhood, as well as Pelican Island - both very close to Tampa airport and also to water. I would love to help you in your search - will you email me and tell me more about your desired criteria? Do you prefer 2 bed or larger? Is pool important? Would you have a boat and do you prefer to be on the water?
I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Warm regards,
Anna
[contact information deleted by Zillow  moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]
Great Homes Realty

January 24