Profile picture for mikenjay

Relocating to Henderson

My wife and I are relocating to Henderson, NV early next year. I'm being transfered from Canada through my job to Henderson, NV. Anyone got any advice as to what areas we should consider and focus our search. We're not yet 55 so age restricted areas are out. We are looking inthe 175K - 225K range and would like a single story SFR 1400-1600 sq ft. Anyone have any thoughts?

November 30 2007 - US

There are some nice properties in the Green Valley area of Henderson that I am certain you would be interested in. Drop me an email at allvegashomes@cox.net and I would be glad to send some information to you

I agree. I go to school at UNLV in Las Vegas. If I worked in Henderson, I would try out Green Valley. Green Valley is this huge master planned community--it's been around for a while. On Green Valley Rd near the Green Valley Ranch casino, there is a brand new outdoor mall called the District.

I do like Las Vegas South though too (which is also near Henderson). Everything is pretty new. When our lease is up, we will be looking for a home probably in Anthem, which is South. The only problem with the South is that it's congested as far as traffic goes (the street Eastern where it meets the freeway, for example), so if you work the normal 9-5 (I don't), it may not be worth the frustration. Good luck to you!!

Find a good realtor in NV....is your company paying for relocation? Some relocation packages include 3% of a home towards the closing costs.

Scams and Fraud
Profile picture for Michael Emery
Latest reply by Michael Emery
  • Posted by Russ Hatfield Jr.
  • In Home Buying
Why you should "NOT" buy a Bonadelle (De Young) (McCaffrey) Home.
Profile picture for susie betancur
Latest reply by susie betancur
buying a home
Profile picture for kmwall08
Latest reply by kmwall08
Can a buyer put multiple offers?
Latest reply by user4364299
Are Manufactured Homes A Poor Choice in Housing?
Profile picture for Brandon Brown
Latest reply by Brandon Brown