Remove my home Zillow did not get my ok to post my home on your web site, also you have the informat

Remove my home from your web site. 119 Stallings Road Taylors,SC
  • March 18 2012 - Taylors
  • 0

I recently had someone take one of my listings and fill out the information and pictures on Postlets.  Postlets is owned by Zillow (or the company that owns Zillow) but it's a "separate company". 

They copy and pasted my information and pictures in the Postlet and listed my listing as being for rent.  They were emailing people who inquired to send a security deposit. 

I had so many calls, it was crazy!  Postlets syndicates to Zillow, Trulia, Hotpads etc....many, many websites.  I know what you're talking about.

Profile picture for hpvanc
It looks like you had your property listed for sale on owners[dot]com from late September to mid January, which was syndicated to Zillow.  Many agents view a FSBO listing as an indication that it is okay to contact the owner and talk you into listing with them instead, even after you have removed the listing. 

thanks for the information. these web sites cause more problems for people than the Government. keep getting scam request for my home from eeverywhere.

I do not believe they remove homes even at the home owners request.  They are taking the information from different sources, assessor websites that are public information. 
You can claim your home and correct the information.  They have homes that sold two years ago appearing actives, foreclosures that don't exist etc....because people think that most the homes are active if they are on here. 
The information on here is not very accurate so I wouldn't worry about it as anyone serious about buying or selling a home knows to look for a real estate agent for accurate info.

Good Luck,
Christine McDaniel