Rental Law in Brookhaven Town, Suffolk, NY

I am going to purchase a single family house with 4 bedrooms as my primary residence on LI. One for me and my spouse, the second room for my mother, and I plan to rent two other rooms to students to help my mortgage. But on the web site of Brookhaven.org , there is a form of "RENTAL REGISTRATION APPLICATION -
NON-OWNER OCCUPIED DWELLINGS". What does it mean by "NON-OWNER OCCUPIED DWELLINGS", does it mean I can only rent the whole house, and I cannot live in this property? Please help me clarify my confusion. Thanks.

Alex
  • August 28 2013 - Lake Grove