Profile picture for sieger007

Renting homes in Detroit , MI ..? how easy is that ?

with the prices in recession . if you buy homes in MI and want to rent them out is that poss ? or its a real challenge ....I mean is there a chance you end up in a one way situation where you bought, invested in repairs , and now its lying stale there- un-used with a chance of it being vandalized ( I dont stay there ) .....is there a hidden story underneath the fairy tale ? pl someone ..lend me your wise experience ...
  • August 23 2009 - Detroit
  • 1

Profile picture for abiola20
Mudkicker,

Can you give me the contact details of your property manager in Detroit.

Do you live in Detroit? The deals are incredibly lucrative, but along with the return comes the challenge of overcoming bad neighborhoods and potentially economically strapped Tenants. I have lived in Detroit for many years prior to New York. It's a wonderful city, just has many challenges. Running a Credit Application will definitely help you with finding great Tenants should you plan on buying and renting homes there. 

Profile picture for cameosis
which parts of detroit do you in invest?

Profile picture for mudkicker
I bought two homes in Detroit  a couple months ago.  Both are being rented out right now.  There will be a lot of renters out there.  The problem is finding a good tenant.  I got a lot of interested applicants wanting to rent my homes.