Profile picture for Neil S

Repurchase Agreements in Residential Market

I am the owner of a condominium in a complex that has been plagued by a couple of foreclosures and once a couple went to foreclosure there were some folks who strategically defaulted due to the low market values and investors purchased the properties for rentals from foreclosure. 

I work in the capital equipment world where we periodically provide lenders with repurchase agreements as an additional incentive to get customers financed. In order to get a reasonable sales price for my property, I'm wondering whether a lender would consider a 5 year amortizing repurchase agreement as additional incentive in allowing someone to finance a property at a price over the recent foreclosures. 

Any opinions?
  • November 16 2013 - Richmond
  • 0