Residential constuction, remodel, and refinance loans

Looking to remodel my current home (w/ current mortgage,) into a duplex and build a new home on back land. I have the land, am "shovel-ready" w/ designs done, and w/ strong credit. Approx. 750k on value over 800k. What am I looking at? Perhaps @4-7% for 30 yrs.? Can this be arranged?
  • August 08 2013 - Belgrade
  • 0

You want to be looking for a construction loan as this is out of spectrum for rehab loans!

So you are thinking of adding a second structure to an existing lot/parcel and converting a current primary residence to a duplex?  If that is correct and you are hoping to have all of the structures on one parcel you have a loan that will require a "portfolio" lender as what you are describing is not a loan that is saleable in the secondary market.  In addition, it can pose some serious challenges for the appraiser.

I would recommend that you split the larger parcel into two different parcels and finance both properties on two different loans.  That type of loan structure is completely doable and requires a qualified construction lender.  
Depending on your geographic location that may be something I can help with.

Please contact me through my profile to discuss in detail.

Profile picture for daveskow
Best bet will likely be to  talk with your local  credit unions and smaller banks in your area