RoundPoint Mortgage

I'm 8 weeks into this process with no end in sight.  My emails and phone calls go unanswered or with days and sometimes weeks of silence.  I have cash in the bank greater than the purchase price, no debt and the highest credit rating.  But these guys are still not taking action.  I have no explanation for their behavior, or lack of it.  But its maddening. 
  • July 16 2013 - Bridgeport
  • 1

Did you already give them any upfront fees?  Is the loan locked for sure?  Switching lenders now the rates will be higher.  Keep going up the food chain until you get answers.  Good luck.

Profile picture for GMerino
Out of sight, it looks like you are purchasing a home.  If so when is your close of escrow?

What does your attorney say about the issues?  Has he been in contact with RP at all?

--
This is not legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.  The post is only an opinion.  You should speak to an attorney for further information.  The poster is licensed only in CT & NY.    If this post is useful to you, please remember to upvote it.

Must be an online lender or a huge bank?

=============================
uh...you do understand the irony in that statement? 

Profile picture for Go Huskers
You beat me Pres. 
I usually enjoy reading Barb, but she [Personal insult removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.] Especially considering I just checked her profile and was admiring her WEBSITE with her picture and all those nifty solicitations for online business. I also ran across this in her profile:

"Convenience is Key...I respect your time limitations. For that reason, I make the application process simple by meeting with you at your convenience. Whether in our office, your home or office, by mail, or phone, my goal is to accommodate you. I even have a secure web application that you can complete at your own pace."

Irony? Maybe!
Hypocrisy? Definitely!

Round point...?  what good is a "round point" ?  Is this even scientifically possible? What's next? flat circles? 
The reason they are not getting back to you is rates rose and they can no longer honor your quote?? Just maybe?

[Image removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]

Geez. I was going to leave it at that, but seriously that was really unnecessary. I have a website for informational purposes and an online app for the convenience of my clients. One hasty comment and the vultures circle.

A photo removed?? Well I guess there is a first for everything.  Apparently the intended humor did not reveal itself. Hum.

Is this one better?:)

Profile picture for Go Huskers
"One hasty comment and the vultures circle."
----
We expect more from you than comments made in haste; usually your answers are well thought out and useful. What is disappointing is that you didn't just say "oops, I misspoke" but rather attempted to play it off as if you don't seek leads online and are not an online lender. I could post numerous times where you have stated "I'm licensed in Georgia" or some other solicitation for someone to call you. Your sole purpose of answering questions here may not be to gain leads but it certainly is part of the purpose. You make special effort to highlight your Lender411 ranking and you have a visible presence there and you know as well as I do that they exist for lead generation only. You refer to your "state-of-the-art methods of processing" that allow you to issue approvals within 2 hours of application, however, unless pens, paper, typewriters and snail mail are state of the art, I'd say you are online. To bash or disparage others that you consider "online lenders" while excluding yourself from the category with minutia is disingenuous and misleading.