Ruidoso/Alto NM outrageous prices!

If you are not from the area in question, then then you will not be able to assist me. 

Okay folks, what is with the ridiculous / outrageous prices in both the home and commercial market in these two areas?? I've done a ton of research and skiing, the track & gambling etc aren't cutting it for this area to have such high prices especially with what looks to be close to 75% up for sale and most for well over a year to pushing on a few years. Are people there really hoping that suckers don't question this? I'm in love with it there and want a home and business but I've seen better prices in Taos amazingly enough! So tell me good locals.....what's the deal?? 

It would be nice to find an offer I can't refuse but when someone is asking $1M+ for cabins that haven't been updated etc since the 60s/70s and will need close to $500K+ - $750K just to bring up to date and be competitive with other better cabin businesses, well, something just isn't right. (No I'm not being cheap, I'm being realistic.)

So please, someone explain? We really want this area but at normal, common sense prices!

Thanks for your time!
Mari

November 15 2012 - US