Profile picture for whitearbor

SCAM ALERT: sandra stevens sstevens124@gmail.com from edinburgh scotland. same scam on craigslist!!

wanted pictures and info on home.  scam alert to all
  • Question refers to 1218 Savannah Ln, Monroe, GA 30655
  • 1

Best Answer

Profile picture for btfw4u_junkmail
how do you know it was a scam?

Just got the same one. Alfred Stewart... Didn't seem right. Thanks for having this info up! Trolling Albany, NY craigslist

Profile picture for divya krsesh
omg I just got the exact same emails from someone called Mack Dempsey

I recieved an email from Alfred Stewart, Edinburg , Scotland. Same as the other posts. He sounded too good to be true, so I googled him and came up with this site. Thanks for the heads up

Same old story repeated for me this  week.He was communicating since last week with the email id Alfred Stewart  alfreddstewart@gmail.com and when i insisted for his ph no he give me : 44 7031947620,I ask for his colleague he give his supervisor's info. as Mr Dennis Parker, ph no+13478554187 and kigdennisparker@yahoo.com.He send me the Moneygram checks, when i call MoneyGram they said they are fake.Also he was asking his money back he send an emai l"This is the information given to me on how to send the money via Western union money transfer to the travel agent.
 Name: JESSICA PRICE
Address:  RUE 39 DAVIE
State:  PORTO NOVO
Country :  Benin
Postcode:  00229
Text question:  FAVORITE CITY
Answer:  PARIS
Kindly take care of this and send me an e-mail containing the details below needed to pick up the money (you may also scan and send the receipt as email attachment):
1.....The exact amount you sent in CFA franc(local currency here).
2.....The Sender's name and Address as written on the Western union form.
3.....The 10 digit mtcn number
All the information above can be found on the receipt. As soon as i receive the above information i will forward it to the travel agent and i would be able to tell you my exact flight schedule."

Profile picture for PedramHariri
I got the same email.  I am renting my condo in San Diego, CA.  I send him a credit check request through LeaseRunner, but he never responded.  I decided to google his name with Scotland and I found these comments.  Definitely a scam artist.
----------------------------------------------

Good day. I am very much interested in your rental. I read through the
details on Craigslist and i am highly interested in renting it.
I work with the united nations development program(UNDP) Edinburgh
Scotland and i just got a transfer bringing me down to San Diego
California in the states. I would be arriving with my wife. we just
got married and have no kids yet. I do not smoke neither do i keep
pets so i am sure you would not have a problem with me.
I would be in the states in 2 weeks time but would really appreciate
it if you can hold the place for me till i get there.
My transfer would be for a period between 3-6 years, so i would
definitely be renting for more than a year. But we can start by
signing a 1 year lease. I would also prefer to pay for the whole year
upfront cause i travel a lot and might not be available all the time
to pay monthly. But if paying for the whole year upfront is a problem,
then perhaps we can figure out a way to do a month to month payment. I
would also bring all proof of employment(letter of employment and
letter of transfer) with me, and show them to you on my arrival.
If the rental is still available, i would like you to take it off the
market and further showing. Please let me know so that we can make
further arrangements for a holding deposit to be sent to you so that
you can secure it for me till i arrive
I sincerely look forward to hearing from you.

Profile picture for zoeyattitude
When it happened to me (when I was in TX), I gave the scammers the mailing address of the FBI division in San Antonio to send the money order to.  Then I sent a fax to the same place telling them about it hoping they might be able to do something when they received the money order.  I never heard anything and apparently they are still scamming so I guess that didn't work.  :)  It was 2009.

Hello, I just received the same email about United Nations Development Program after posting craigslist east texas ad on Monday July 1, 2013.  He used the name John Clark but as usual from Edinburgh Scotland.  Thanks to all these posts, I was able to know that it just didn't sound right.  Thanks!!!!  I do not know how to post the email or I would.

SAME SCAN!!! From Alfred Stewart about renting condo off Craig's list. Received exact same e-mail and just received money order today. Makes me sick to my stomach, but glad I didn't get into it any further! Just makes me mad that I wasted my time!

It is so nice of you to warn others about this scammer by posting here. Many people have ended up on Zillow after googling a name, email or phone number and have been able to avoid the scam. Thumbs to you!

I got a mail from michealpierce2@gmail.com
Goggled his address and reached here. Thanks for posting this. It sounded too good to be true.

Thanks for getting back to me. I just tried calling you but i could not get through to you. I would be in the states by the 2nd week of December but my company can provide me with temporary accommodation for up to 2 weeks so we can start the lease anytime from the 15th of December to the 1st of January. Would this work for you? Let me tell you more about myself.

I work with the United nations development program(UNDP).I have been working there for 5 years.

I am 31 years old and still single.My current house address is 34 Rose Street, EH2 2NH Edinburgh Scotland.

I would be happy to send you a non refundable deposit of $900 so that you can secure the place for me till i get there. My company office in the states would be responsible for the payment.I can tell them to deduct $900 from my travel allowance and send to you.This is to serve as a non refundable deposit so that you would know i am serious about renting.I would sign the lease and pay up the rent as well as all other bills as soon as i get to the states.

Please send me your full name and address so that i can forward it to my company and the deposit can get to you soon.Are there any other details you think i need to know about the Place?Please get back to me.

Thanks a lot.

Profile picture for Sheryl.ariate
Andrew Bishop is on facebook scamming too.. even sandra stevens. they are targeting small victims like those nannies around the globe who wants to work in th UK, they are sending mails to their victims as employers willing to hire them, promises to pay their tickets of 1000 pounds but the 450 visa fee is at the applicants expense, they will instruct the victim to email the travel agency who will proccess the documents and they provide the travel agency they know. they use the "Premier travel agency based in UK. i just got a mail today on my facebook account. doubtful i google the name of sandra stevens ant here i read everything.

Profile picture for OCEANBRIAN3
huge scammers, i wish they'd just give up and get a real job instead of trying to take others for money.  they always send fake money orders for more than the amount, by accident i might add, and then want you to send the difference back to them because of whatever reason they can come up with to make you feel sorry for them or even try to rush you to do it because of some "important" reason they need the money back right away.

don't fall for it, remember, if something seems to good to be true, IT USUALLY IS!!!

Profile picture for jpack121

Below are the emails i have received from a guy named Vladimir Mulyak @ vmulyak1@yahoo.co.uk.  about ready to cut this guy off but just been curious. 

11/05 - What is the last asking price of the property?

11/07  -  I will accept a price of $135,000 if what is stated about the property is true. I want to bring to your notice that I am not a US citizen and I do not reside in the states but may live my retirement life there in future. I am a Russian. I want to use the opportunity of low prices of properties and invest in US. If you can assist I will need more properties.

11/08 Nice to read from you again. I will like to close on your property as soon as possible but will need to partner with you if that should be possible because I cannot travel at this time and I do not have anybody in USA. It is not my intention to pay for one property instead I will like you to assist me collate other properties so that I can send the total money at once. I really want to utilize the fall in US properties and purchase a lot of them. Partnering with you does not mean you will contribute funds. I will provide the funds while you search for the properties, pay for them,rent them out or re-sale after some time. In fact you are going to manage the property investment while you send monthly report to me. I will join you fully after my retirement. This is my investment dream because USA is a nice place to retire to. I need someone who is on ground to take charge of the investment because I do not want to be associated with the investment until after my retirement.

I want to know more about your person and you can equally
read more about me on:

11/09 - thank you immensely for your well analyitcal mail. It has further reposed more confidence in me that I am dealing with a competent and knowledgeable person who has the capability to actualise my investment dream. I want to let you know that I do not know much about property investment but was adviced to invest in it because it is lucrative. I want to depend on you on the types of properties to purchase. I want you to take charge of the investment while I join after my retirement. I want to have it as a quite investment under your own business name until I retire. I have designed a profit sharing ratio of 65% for me and 35% for you. What do you say about this? I have started working on how best to transfer the money because I wouldn't want a bank to bank transfer to avoid any trace that I am investing abroad. I know what you mean about the process of transfering money to US but I am working closely to finding the best means of doing that. A friend and colleague of mine has transfered more than $20m to USA for  investment and he has promised to give me the two options which any of them can be used in transfering the money  successfully.

Also, I suggest you set up LLC just for the investment. This will assist us to manage the incoming and outgoing funds.

Please let me have a business plan on how you can invest my present investment budget which is $15m and our partnership contract/agreement to sign. I am using a UK email address because I worked last in UK before I was posted back to our head office in Russia.

Finally, I am ready to run a deal with you on D2 and M100. If you have buyers I can arrange for a direct from refinery deals.

Thanks and wish to have a good business relationship with you,

Profile picture for 1mitchmd
I've had an experience close to this from peterknwd@googlemail.com (Peter Alfred Kenwood).  He said he was from Scotland and would be in the States in two weeks to look at my property.  He wanted to put $1000 in earnest money down to secure the property until he could view it.  He of course then wanted my full name and bank account money to transfer the money to.  What a scam.  Best thing to do is refer anybody that comes through to your agent.  This guy ignored my request to go through my agents 4 times before he finally gave up.

Profile picture for ArenkayT
I was just emailed the other day by a Kruglov Vyacheslavovich at <kruglov4@hotmail.com>. His initial email only said he wanted to buy my house. I wrote back and told him "Sure, I'll sell you my house. Here is my realtor's information..." The next day (yesterday, 18 Aug) he sent a one liner "Give me your best price." I gave him my best price.

Today he emails me back with " I will purchase your property at $195,000. I am ready to proceed on this price. I live ouside USA and I am not a US citizen but only trying to invest in US properties because of the low prices. I was adviced that this is the best time to invest in US properties. I may need more properties if you can assist me with that."

I wrote him back and told him I'll take his offer and for him to once again contact my realtor. I knew it was a scam from the start. Who in the world (besides a criminal) buys property sight unseen?

I've been hit with the Nigerian scammers and asked them for proof of identification. They sent it then I sent them a print screen from www.snopes.com with their exact same email scam message and ID proof they sent me. I never heard from them again.

I think if we Americans go with our first instinct which is "This is too good to be true." Then shake ourselves back into reality we may start to put an end to this...probably not. But, with the use of the internet everyone has the ability to check everything out before proceeding with a big financial or personal decision.

Here is another site you can visit: www.ripoffreport.com. People write about their bad experiences with companies and they warn folks about scammers. I always check that first. Then go to Snopes then I use a search engine. There is an infinite amount of data on all types of vultures.

Cheers!

Profile picture for katee01
They got me too, under the Kiki Roberts name.  Money is supposed to arrive today.  I'm very thankful for the postings.  I googled the address and came here.

Profile picture for yogita1
We had the same scammer scam us the day our home went on sale. As others said it is too good to be true! The email content was the same, sent by some Kiki Roberts of Scotland. Thanks to this posting, we did not get lured.
Looks like this scammer gets kicks out of fooling innocent people.

Profile picture for carriejh
I received an email from Kiki Roberts.  Kiki was interested in finding out more about my  home and loved the pics and info posted on the internet.  I posted the house for sale on Zillow.com on Thursday (2 days ago).  I kept encouraging her to contact my Realtor but she kept asking me what seemed to be simple questions about the home and area.  When she offered to send money, it started to seem fishy.  I never provided any personal info and, actually, all the info I provided could be found on Zillow or the MLS listing.  Still, it was creeping me out at this point so I googled Kiki Roberts and it brought me here.
I thought it seemed too good to be true.  Who offers to pay the listing price these days!?! 
I blocked the email and told them to stop contacting me.
I hope to never hear from them again - boy, do I feel stupid for thinking there was a chance!  Guess that is what they are hoping for.
BE CAREFUL!

Profile picture for bejennings
The new name being used is Kiki Robert.  I told him not to send me a deposit check and that when he is in town later this month - all he needed to do was hand over the cash.

Profile picture for OCEANBRIAN3
yep, it happened to me too, just this week with the very same people:

Paul scott and his wife sandra mary scott moving here from scotland and 

wanted to pay cash for my condo i have listed as a "make me move".  It 

all sounded so good and yet a little voice in my head was saying that 

something just isn't right.  I googled their names and here i am finding out 

that my hunch was right.  If something is too good to be true, then it

usually is.  (not always but the majority of the time...)

Thanks everybody for the help!

I was contacted by Paul Scott from Edinburgh Scotland.  He sent details about him and his wife but in his letter he worked for the United Nations Development Program.    SCAM!!

I just listed my house and a make me move price, I really don't want to sell so it's no big deal for me.  But what are these people trying to do here??!!

Profile picture for Melody91
Thanks for the heads up!

We, & many Realtors, had also seen the Spammers in Rentals & Sales, posted on Craigslist ast year...up to 200! I reported some, as well as posted on Ads that spammers need not apply...

In General: Most were from the UK (with the 044 telephone exchange); most claimed to me in medical field; most said they were married & often had one child; most often a daughter aged 12.

I had also seen this last year regarding a car (which was not for sale) & some on Grand Pianos. On the piano & car, the spammer was 'supposedly a broker for an anonymous Buyer, so they wanted a low price,'  AND the items were to be sold & shipped to Africa, without even  having anyone check out the item for them...just believing you because the photos were good & they 'trusted you were honest.'
  Same stories to same individuals, over & over,  with 6-8 different names last year.

By the way, does anyone know how on earth could they pull off a possible Property Sale by Spamming?

Someone DID explain to me how the Rental think went...they sent too much $$ via something like American Express, & then wanted a chunk back to their Bank account,,,Still not completely sure as honest people don't tend to think like this.

We DO need to all help protect each other.
        So...  Bless you.                          Melody

Profile picture for downeast
I have received a couple of mails from a guy named: "Kruglov Vyacheslavovich" from the address kruglov1@hotmail.com.
I can't say absolutely positively that this is a similar scam (I stopped replying early), but why the heck would somebody from overseas (mails were sent at Eastern Europe's day-time hours) be so hot on "investing" in realty that he hasn't even seen? Well, now his name is on this forum and all I am saying is please be extra cautious if you are contacted for any of your ZILLOW listings.

Profile picture for TomLoreal
With paul.scott606@googlemail.com I just did a little vigilante justice by spamming the scammer.  They sent me an email to one of my properties just about a week ago and have been corresponding with them for the last week or so.  I tried to make sure this wasn't legit but with everyone here mentioning paul scott it's a done deal that this is a scammer.

My slogan is:

Spam the scammer

How?  You go to websites that ask you to sign up for their daily, weekly, monthly emails and then sign them up.  Big companies that have many divisions such as computerworld have a ton of places you can sign up for.

This person is messing with people who are desperate to sell their home and is preying on them/us.

Profile picture for bobandfran
Well. We desperately wanted to sell our house. Sandra Stevens came along. Googled her at the UN, etc. Seemed legit, except for the lower case typing - but my daughter always types in lower case...

Anyway, this is definitely a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a link to the same scam with the name Andy Bishop. 

Profile picture for miokitty
thank you for posting this.
I got the same email from Sandra Stevens on 7/11. It does sound too good to be true.

Hi xxxx,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am highly interested in buying your home. I would be in the states by the 3rd week of July, but my company can provide me with temporary accommodation for up to 1 week, so we can conclude transactions,before the 1st of August. Would this work for you? Let me tell you more about myself.
I am married with no kid. I and my Husband actually got married last year. My Full name is Sandra Mary Stevens and  my Husbands name is Alfred Paul Stevens .He is a Medical Doctor,I am 35 years old and my Husband is 39.Our current house address is 34 Rose Street, EH2 2NH Edinburgh Scotland.
I would be happy to send you a non refundable deposit of $1000 so that you can secure the place for me till i get there.My company office in the states would be responsible for the payment.I can tell them to deduct $1000 from my travel allowance and send to you.This is to serve as a non refundable deposit so that you would know i am serious about buying.I would sign the contract agreement and pay up the agreed amount,i would also like to know your final price on the property so that i can forward it to my company.
I have never been to California, but i know it is a beautiful city,me and my husband are really looking forward to this relocation, and we wont mind to make it permanent, We are relocating because my company assigned me there, and we want too,before we decided California we had researched on it and we know its a great place, so we don't have any doubts about the area, and we are hoping to buy as soon as possible, and we can work with  you on this, to meet your time frame, as for the payment we would be paying cash.
I hope you had a great weekend too, hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks a lot.

Regards
Sandra Stevens
+447031564820

Profile picture for tomerin
contacted by PaulScott.  Same exact emails as above. 

Profile picture for jrmoviestar
same here.  Paul scott scam.  We sent him a letter from our attorney as to where to send the money.  That made him give up.  We will have to report this.

1. 1
  2. 2