Safe neighborhood in St. Pete, FL for a single woman?

I am a single woman moving to St. Petersburg, FL from Chicago. I need advice on safe neighborhoods to live in! I don't want to pay more than $700 for rent. I am going down there in 2 weeks to take a look around. I would really like to be close enough to Tampa for job employment opportunities also. I would really appreciate any feedback anyone can give!
  • September 24 2012 - US
  • 0

Contact the St. Petersburg and Tampa police departments and ask for their crime statistics and comments. Explain your situations and ask for communities they would recommend to their sister or mom.