Profile picture for tbrufus

Sale or Lease

I would like to have my property listed both as Sale and Lease.  I have a comment that it is available for lease but it is not visible in the ad.  Please advise. 

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/313-12th-Ave-Huntington-WV-25701/22405758_zpid/

• June 15 2010 - Huntington

Zillow does not allow you to list a property for sale and lease/rent.

As a property manager I can tell you it's hard to try to do both at the same time. Make up your mind and either rent it or sell it. You spook both buyers and renters when you do not commit to a course of action. 

It's simple to choose... if you can not sell your place w/i x days, the price is to high. If you can not get the price you want, rent it out. even if it's at a loss. Grandpa Said, "It's easier to swallow a small loss than a big one."

I don't believe that you can post a house on Zillow both for sale and for rent. Zillow replied to a similar question recently here. Hope it helps.