Salt water well

The well for my house is slightly saline (undrinkable)  What percentage hit do you think this would have on a selling price ?
  • February 28 2012 - West Branch
  • 0

New well would not help and a reverse osmosis system to handle the whole house is big $$.  But what I'm really looking to do is lower my property taxes, if this well is bringing down the value of my house, I want to appeal my assesment.  I need some idea of the differnce in market value this will make.

Could you drill another well and get better water or is this a common problem in your area?

Could you use a filter to make the water drinkable?

Profile picture for BobBrandtRealtor
What are the options and costs to cure the problem?
If it fails the potable water test, a lender may have trouble financing it, so your pool of buyers drop off quick.

If the well water in undrinkable, what is the source of drinkable water for your house?