Profile picture for downeast

Scam Alert. "Richard Martin" "martinlives.902@gmail.com"

This guy responded to a for-rent ad I had on Craigs List. Pathetic English, even though he is (supposedly) from the UK. I did not respond to his second inquiry, but I am guessing that it would be the old trick where he sends a deposit-check that is "accidentally" too large, and so the mark (me) has to send him a "refund" before his own check clears --which it, of course, never does.
  • October 20 2009 - US
  • 0

Hi Downeast:

I'm forwarding this internally. Please email me (davidto@zillow.com) with the original email you received, from this person, as an attachment. Just save the email and attach it.

In the mean time, please check out this new Zillow wiki-link:  Scams and Internet Fraud.

-- David