Profile picture for Judi in PA

School Districts in Northbrook

We are relocating from PA and have narrowed in on Northbrook as a place we can both get to work easily from.  We have 3 young children and are looking for a good school district.  Our realtor mentioned that one of the districts (District 31)  recently had a referendum voted down.  Is there a big difference between that district and the neighboring ones?

April 15 2011 - Northbrook

Hi, Judi

I know that you posted this last year, so I am curious if you have actually moved yet and whether or not you actually chose Northbrook. I focus specifically on Northbrook, and the topic of the referendum was extremely hot, and there were many people who wanted to move out of the district because of the fact that the referendum was shot down.

However, this past March, a new referendum that was placed on the ballot passed! http://northbrook.patch.com/articles/district-31-referendum-still-too-close-to-call

District 31 is a great district in Northbrook as are all of the districts in Northbrook. (but what real estate agent doesn't say that about their school district?)

Actually, I grew up in Northbrook, and I am a product of the public school system. I went to Glenbrook North as well and now I'm back.

There are many, many people who I grew up with who have moved back to this area. That, I think, is indicative of the love that the people have for this town.

Sorry for the long overdue answer, but I hope at least someone will be able to garner some information from this post. Good luck!!

Kati

--
Kati Spaniak         
Real Estate Broker
CAPTURING THE LION'S SHARE OF THE NORTHBROOK MARKET
[contact information removed by Zillow moderator]