Seems every time I enquire about a property with a good price the listing is removed .

4541 Irene Loop New Port Richey Fl 34652 Removed 8/152013
1923 Flora Rd Clearwater Fl 33755. Removed 8/18/2013.
I was told the Clearwater home has a sink hole. Strange.
This has happened very often and makes me not trust Zillow prices.
doneshelton@yahoo.com
  • August 20 2013 - Clearwater
  • 0

Zillow can be very helpful but when it comes to the real estate market... it is really local. That is where realtors ® are an asset. They have access to the local Multiple Listing Service and can send you lists of properties that are currently available.

Some even offer a free Listingbook account which is free to both buyers and sellers. This way buyers can search for listings on their own with more accurate information and the buyer is not obligated to buy.

Instead they can do their research and if they find a home that they like they can contact the realtor ® directly without pressure or obligation.

®

I often get inquiries from buyers asking about homes they find on line, only to send them the news that the home is sold. Our market is brisk right now and sometimes it takes awhile for the online sights to catch up. Also the agents need to notify when a house is sold so it comes off the site. You are not alone, I have people contact me everyday with things they find online that are no longer available.

Thanks Barbara you seem very wise. I am presently in Argentina trying to get a feel for homes in Florida since I am a native for Central Florida. I will stick with what has always worked for me. Good Realtor, Fair price and no Lawyers.

Profile picture for Barbara Zorn
Personally I feel that Zillow and all websites are the same. just like anything in life if it is too good to be true ..... Here in Florida there are still a lot of short sales and foreclosures. If houses in a neighborhood are selling for $200,000 and you see one on Zillow or any other website for $150,000 you need to think-what is wrong with it? I am going through the same thing car shopping for my daughter. She keeps finding deals then when we read the fine print it says previous water damage, fixed title. It sounds like all the homes have problems that are at great prices which is why you like them but then the Seller can't deliver on that price so the property has to be taken off the market. This happens due to title problems, structural/environmental issues and many reasons that would keep me from personally buying a home. When it happens remember you just dodged a bad deal because it sounded cheap! hope this helped you

Zillow is a very helpful tool, especially when combined with a professional REALTOR to assist.  In most cases, when you purchase a home the buyers agent is paid by the seller, making it one of the best values on the planet for a buyer.  I love when my buyers are using Zillow because it shows they are interested in being educated on the market and are proactive in the process.  I see the sink hole situation on the news from time to time, absolutely shocking.  

Buyers who are working with Real Estate Agents usually have information about listings before they even appear on Zillow. I had a listing last month that took five days to appear on Zillow. By that time we already had multiple offers.