Profile picture for USMC85

Sell Rental property with tenant or just give tenant notice and sell outright?

I have a rental in Moore, OK that I want to sell.  Im moving and dont want to have a rental here.  I dont want to do a 1031 exchange on this one either.  It has the best tenant Ive ever had so I wondered if I can sell it as a rental or I just give him notice and sell it empty.
  • November 02 2012 - Moore
  • 0

I agree with Russ Knapp. Keep the tenant, especially if they are on a month to month. I am in a different market, but a vacant house in Atlanta GA is a target for copper thieves and other vandals. Best deterrent is for the house to be occupied.

Profile picture for Russ and Rory
If your tenant is cooperative and is month to month, consider keeping the tenant and continue to collect rent.