Seller is holding back inspection disclosures

A seller accepted our offer for a home and did not disclose she knew of major home repair problems $25,000. To $50 000 worth. I know this because we hired the same inspector that had just inspected it a few weeks prior. She gets to keep my option money and I am out $150 for inspection. How is it fair for her to be rewarded for not disclosing the homes issues that she will not repair and be allowed to list it as a VA home when VA requires the home to pass all needed repair issues. Consumers beware this home owner is a scammer in my opinion. The home need foundation, roof, plumbing. Electrical and septic repairs or replacement. Not to mention the EPA environmental protection agency should investigate as well. The address is 25345 S. US Hwy. 281 San Antonio, Texas
  • March 13 - South Southwest
  • 0

Profile picture for RealtorReyes
It is unclear whether real estate agents are involved in this deal.  If you have an agent, he/she should be handling these issues for you.  I wish you the best in going forward!
  • June 19

I don't know what state you are in but if you are in your inspection period and you back out, seller does not keep your earnest money deposit. 
Also, if the seller knew there was work to be done and such substantial work, their agent likely knew as well and with held the information. If it is a VA eligible proeprty the agent should have known whether it was financeable or not because to qualify for a VA loan the home has to be in practically prestine condition. 
If the seller does not return earnest money I would consult an attorney. Also possibly against the agent. 
But think of it like this, is paying for attorney fees worth your earnest money cost? If not, just say some nasty things or turn the other cheek and move on. 
Eventually, seller is going to get their "come up-ence". 
 And now that listing agent is aware for sure of damages they HAVE to disclose it to EVERY interested party from here on out. EVERYONE who writes an offer. And typically who even views the home. IF the agent does not disclose this report from here on out they can get in MAJOR trouble. 

• March 13

Highly deceptive practice from her part.  You may want to ask her for refunds of your expenses and if she says no, I'd consult an attorney.

So sorry for your poor experience.

Naima
  • March 13