Profile picture for rockinblu

Sellers its Not All About US

We whine and snivel. Complain about agents, complain about buyers, should we do this, or should we do that. What about the agents? Particularly the ones that on this board who offer great advice, and a shoulder to cry on (thank you Marci) when we need it. I know some folks' holidays might not be as they have been in the past. If sellers aren't able to sell their houses that means a number of Realtors' income is suffering. I never see any posts by these folks whining, other than stating the facts about things being bad out there.

So all the Realtors and FSBO's for that matter kick some butt the rest of the year. I hope a post has been done like this recently, and I didn't see it, because it bears repeating. And again I can't believe how those of you who are agents can hold it together, when certainly you have problems of your own, when you read some of our pathetic posts.

A special thanks and the very best of luck goes out to the regulars, and I am sure I missing a bunch, but the ones I can think of, I am mentioning their names for luck. For those I have missed I apologize.

azrob ELV!S Sherri
Brian Justyn Stacy
Carrie Kary Whitney
Daniel N. Marci
Durenda Robin

I am sure there will be other posts thanking you ladies and gentlemen and wishing you luck as well on this thread, because you are truly appreciated by all, I'm sure.

November 18 2007 - US

I'm not going to get on a tear about the debt of gratitude that we women and we as a nation owe to the 60's generation, if they needed to get high while forging the paths for us (protesting vietnam, passing civil rights, womans movement, etc) then I say god bless them, and thank you!

Amen to that sister!

Profile picture for rockinblu
Boy, comfy if you wanted to start something, your sure did.

mpal,
Great post!

Thanks again- I had to come back to read this again:) "cabinfever" insists on insulting my intelligence every time I post.

Profile picture for rockinblu
Whitney

LOL

Profile picture for PJ Sassifras
Derailed again (get it's a train joke). LOL! That's right, mpal because of them I can bring home the bacon AND fry it up the pan!

That's right PJ, and never let him forget he's a man...:)

Do we ever really stay on topic?

Rockin-

I knew it wasnt you. You have never given me any inclination that you are shallow, bigoted or smug. You seem to be a pretty down to earth guy.

I am still waiting for my map. Should I stop paying my mortgage now since there is obviously no hope for me or my family? I should tell all my friends of the "X generation" the same thing. GIve it up now save yourself the disappointment of what a worthless piece of matter you are.

Profile picture for PJ Sassifras
Just follow the trail of broken offers and rent receipts, Carrie. :)

Brilliant idea PJ!!!

Profile picture for lucydjacobs
Sorry Rock for the misidentification. Good thing that I don't work in a DNA lab, right? :)

Back to the track:

Yes, I love the agents. They reassured me when I needed it by being straight-shooters about the market and giving advice about how to know when you have a good agent or a bad one. I had a goodie.

Profile picture for rockinblu
comfy,
Thank you, thank you , thank you. I read the posts you made later and it was somewhat clear to me that you were tongue in cheek with your original post. I am open minded almost to a fault, and I get very stressed if I feel I am perceved otherwise.
Thanks again.

Rockinblu.....I would beg to differ. NOt tongue in cheek. Very George Bush.

Rockin I apologize I missed the YOUR orignial point. Thank you and I hope your doctor has warm hands.

I'm not feeling any tongue in cheek rockin,(oops that sounds nasty LOL )pretty sure she means it

Profile picture for rockinblu
As I read her thread, you might be right. Every one is entitled as they say. There goes my openmindedness again. Spell check, what do you mean that is not a word? I just used it.

LOL rock, I agree, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you just need to be careful how you express it on forums, I tried to warn her.

Profile picture for PJ Sassifras
I love the agents on this site. They're sooooo helpful and funny. Did I mention that already? LOL.

Pj, I keep meaning to ask you, why are you purple now...oxygen prob?

LOL PJ - way to re-rail. I know, it's not a word, but had to get the train referance back in.

oops I mean Marci has always offered fantastic advice

LMAO Carrie

I so can't wait to feel better. My brain feels like it's on perm brain freeze.

me too...I hate being sick.

Profile picture for PJ Sassifras
You guys kill me! I wish I could stay home all the time and play.

Marci, hubby has that same cold. It's not pretty. Yesterday, he was so doped on cold meds he rolled over and fell clean out of bed. Didn't even realize he'd done it until he hit the floor. I hope you feel better.

PJ

I have a full time job preparing and submitting and negotiating GSA Schedule COntracts for companies who want to offer their products and services to the governement. I also have 3 kids 1 is 13 1 is 4 and one is 2. I also just got a new puppy...its a Great Dane dont ask me why. I also sell real estate. I hardly sit around all day and play. Today I happen to be sick. Usually I get up before the dawn breaks...get the 2 little ones ready on M/T/TH and out the door to either daycare of nursery school. I get to work from home on W/F. Before you envy me try it and see how it is. You wont envy me anymore.

I dont have a choice...most families have to have 2 incomes. Of course this is my fault entirely...or my generations.

Profile picture for rockinblu
Comfy,

>>>Rockinblu---that was a question---to ponder and debate????? so what is your take??????<<<

When you asked me to elaborate on the market, and I replied I was not astute enough, while that is about 90% true, the other 10% knows while questionable loans are the primary cause, events like this are created by a perfect storm scenario. I am sure there is a segment as you describe, there are many, many from my age group that have lived longer than we possibly dreamed of that are just wanting to downsize and are entering the market at this time. There are also many that have a bank run mentality that want to get out with a profit after buying just before the run up. This is but of a few of the different scenarios that have come up. IMHO, it is a confluence of events that has caused the problem, or at least has exacerbated it. Hey ELV1S, I used the right word this time.

Comfy, if I remember correctly from one of your posts you served in the military, as well as your family. I just want to thank you and your family for your service and sacrifices.

Profile picture for PJ Sassifras
Wow, Carrie, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. My comment about "stay home all the time and play" was about me being on vacation this week. It had nothing to do with you or anyone else on this site. Sorry if you took it that way.

Profile picture for lucydjacobs
Carrie, I'm exhausted reading your post, much less living the life.

Your two-income remark is spot-on, and reminds me of an editorial cartoon a long time ago that, I think, was the late Doug Marlette's.

In that cartoon, the president at the time is speaking at a political fund-raising dinner and bragging about how the economy is creating new jobs by the day. The waiter serving the guests mutters to himself, "Yes, and I'm holding three of them!" The point being that this economy doesn't create wages that support a family the way that it used to do.

People I know are taking second jobs or selling their homes (or trying to) as equity to pay college tuition for kids. If the equity won't pay tuition after home is sold, no reason to sell. Kid can't go to college either way without scholarships or boatload of loans.

In addition to the points Rock made about the "confluence of events" in the mortgage crisis is the loss of industrial and manufacturing jobs. NAFTA offers job-retraining, but for WHAT jobs? To work in a service economy at Wal Mart? The medical field is booming. But who, having received a degree in textiles at N.C. State University in 1971, has the time or energy to "retrain" to be a heart surgeon at age 59? Nobody I know.

For Sale By Owner? Should You Do It?
Profile picture for Rhonda Duffy
Latest reply by Rhonda Duffy
"SOLD" sign
Profile picture for Deirdre Lohan Conway  GRI
Latest reply by Deirdre Lohan Conway GRI
Staging a home to sell
Profile picture for Jason Sweet
Latest reply by Jason Sweet
Seller Paying Closing Costs
Profile picture for Lluvia Martinez
Latest reply by Lluvia Martinez
Why has no one considered a class action suit against Zillow
Latest reply by Pasadenan
September 05 | 37 answers

Sign in with Google