Selling a Home in Colorado

I've recently listed my home FSBO at 1240 Norwood Ave., Boulder, CO and would like to find a resource that can provide me all the required steps and documents required to go from initial offers through closing. Any help is greatly appreciated!
  • January 22 2011 - Norwood - Quince
  • 0

Thanks everybody for the input. Some replies/questions:

@Pete- is the appropriate 'Sellers Property Disclosure' the BD 24-5-09 document on the DORA site? Also, since the house was built in 1980, two years after lead paint was banned, do you still need the disclosure doc?

@Paul- good advice which we intend to use. Thanks

@rockinblu- lots of good posts and advice from you. I've now listed my property on a much wider variety of sites. We'll see if that increases visibility.

So now I've got a link to docs, and a recommendation to use an attorney. However, what I could REALLY use, is a sort of 'step by step' guide for:
- What docs are required in CO
- What the (typical) chronological order of events is for a real estate sales process (including the order of inspections, loan qual, etc)
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Etc.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

All the state forms are available at the Real Estate Commission website

http://www.dora.state.co.us/real-estate/contracts/contracts2011.htm

Zillow and Trulia offer some great generic advice for sellers without an agent.

Do you have Seller's Property Disclosure and Lead Based Paint Disclosure ready to hand over to a buyer or buyers agent? Those are probably the two best documents to take care of initially. For the latest versions of all Colorado real estate commission forms check out the link below:

I have helped quite a few For Sale By Owners move toward a successful sale. Some listed with me and some without. Who knows, I may have a buyer for you. Let me know the details when you get a minute.

Best of luck with the sale!

Pete

You sould at least hire an attorney is you are not hiring a Realtor as there are about 1000+ problems that can happen and cost you way more than any attorney or Realtor will.

Profile picture for rockinblu
While this blog is more about marketing, it still contains some info regarding obtaining documents.