Profile picture for gregazzara

Selling my house and my Zestimate is incorrect.

I've remodeled most of my house adding 650+ sf, new hardwood floors, remodeled the fireplace, put in $65k in landscaping, updated the kitchen and baths, etc. I've added the information to my property but the Zestimate has yet to be updated to show the new price for the upgrades and the extra 650+ living space. Not only that but all of the house's on my block "$ per sq ft" is well over $100 more than mine, when my house is larger and my lot is more than double the size than most. How can all this be??

February 22 2009 - Diamond Heights

Not surprised. Zestimates are highly inaccurate. They are just a computerized algorithm and do not take upgrades into account.

If you would like a true estimate of the value of your property, you need to contact an expert in your neighborhood.  There are too many variables to the value of a property to look at purely square feet and number of beds/bath with in a geographic radius.  It's a good start, but certainly isn't what a buyer is willing or not willing to pay for the property.

Keep in mind that on Zillow the "zestimate" is their calculation of the value of your home using a mathematical model. 

Even if you add in your updated information like new floors, fireplace and landscaping the 'zestimate" may not be accurate.

I've noticed that even on condos in the same building, same square footage, same layout but on a different floor that the "zestimate" varies quite a bit.

I would not be too concerned about the "zestimate" vs. real market value.

Sounds like you have a nice place.