Senario: R/T Refi, Debt-Consolidation and Home Improvements at once.

R/T REFI  -  
Built 1949 . size 679 sq ft . lot size 6000+ sq ft    .2 bed 1 bath   91770
Owe                  $220,000 
E/V                    $300.000
FICO                 720
monthley           $1679
escrow              $279
current rate       5.378 fixed  30 yrs  with 23 yrs left.
FICO                 720,
Gross income    $ 68,870

My current lender is GMAC  the loan is guaranteed with Fannie Mae we also pre qualified and approved for HARP 2.0 And waivers for DU Refi Plus.looking for low %rate and closing cost 15 fix or 30. 

Dept Consolidation -
Owe 18,000  between two cards.
Student loans $30,000 at 3%

I am paying high interest rates and almost maxed out....so I want to consolidate my cards . I do not want to consolidate my Student loans, 

Home improvements     
estimate $30,000 

Is it foolish of me to think that this is possible. Can any body help me, Tell me  how or if this is realistic of me,  I would appreciate any advise, suggestions, ideas, or resources. Any lender that might be able to work with me.. 
  • November 01 2012 - South San Gabriel
  • 0

if i use harp 2.0 i am already qualified for an appraisal waiver. i am just under 80%ltv so if i go outside of harp it can go either way. so i find myself in a dilemma.

An appraisal waiver?

how much more ? I have a  waiver shouldn't i take advantage of it. cant beat these rates.  

If the after improved value is there, you may be eligible for a cash out Conventional renovation loan.  The rate will be slightly higher becuase it is a renovation and cash out transaction but it may hep you achieve both your goals.

You will have to prioritize your goals. Cash refinance at a maximum will allow 85% of appraised value. Anything over 80% will include a component of mortgage insurance. If you elect Conventional financing you will have higher cost/rate for cash out request. If you elect FHA financing you will be committed to monthly mortgage insurance for 5 years at a high monthly rate on 30 year loan. If you can manage comfortably on 15 year, FHA loan to 85% would be worth a close look, it would be the best combination of rate and maximizing loan amount and mortgage insurance would be cheaper and drop off at 78% of initial appraisal.

SURE WILL!!!!  When I purchased my home I invested in the neighborhood not the house I found newer bigger homes but they were ether  far or in not so good areas. I paid $210000 for my home in 2002 and did a refi in 05. I am surrounded by 400 to 500K homes. 30k will do plenty for a small Home  . My city can also offer me grants of 2K and 50% up to 15k  on home repairs which I can use to pay back my loan or further invest into the home so possibilities are 50k including out of pocket. I plan on passing this home down to my kids.  I am also taking advantage of various programs offered for example weatherization. that could free up more funds for further improvements, This includes landscaping  and or additions. I have plenty of contacts in construction. I have approval for remodel from my city, And the plans (drawings) were free.. almost free cost me a dinner ..

Profile picture for My2cent$
Will the renovation increase the value of the home?